Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Diskeeper 9 opinions needed (for testing)

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Font
  • Internet
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
January 22, 2005 6:54:39 PM

I have to write a review on Diskeeper 9 from Executive Software, and I'd like some input on what kinds of test I should run, or any other proceedures or observations, to compare it with XP's built in defragmenter.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

More about : diskeeper opinions needed testing

January 23, 2005 5:54:41 PM

I have learned to avoid HT Tach for such things, it reads from the drive at a low level bypassing the file system.

So I just used SiSoft's Sanrda 2005 file system benchmark, though I am not sure I would recommend it.

I have had problems where windows XP defragmenter would crash windows almost every time if I tried to defrag a drive with enough free space but several 6-8 GB files!

Might just be my system and it was under SP1a but if it is repeatable then it would make an interesting test.
January 24, 2005 10:34:05 PM

Get it before it disappears! Yes, all the 512k P4's with 800 bus are Northwoods.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>