Sign in with
Your question
Closed

DIY Dual LCD Monitor Stand

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 18, 2007 1:38:43 PM

I'm getting a pair of 22 inch LCD monitors. I like the look of the VESA compliant monitor arms that leave the area under your monitor clear for your keyboard. The problem is, these stands cost about $200.

Does anyone have any ideas or know of any how-to guides where you can make something like this cheaper with some standard home depot-ish products?

More about : diy dual lcd monitor stand

June 16, 2009 6:06:26 PM

Have you gotten any feedback on this? I'm going to the HW store to night and take a look around. I want the arms to be gas charged...or spring supported..

Has anyone done this with one monitor? I'm thinking with dual your going to need to fabricate a member to have both monitors stuck on and then your mount support bolt to...

Lets have some fun.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 6, 2010 6:33:29 AM

I recently received a stand from http://custommonitorstandsusa.com and couldn't be happier. It has 6 adjustable articulating arms which allow me to position everything to my liking.
:bounce: 

February 12, 2010 4:52:12 AM

I'm a big fan of a saw, drill, plywood, and 2x4's

no one else?

Although, I would be interested in working with other materials if they were cheap...
March 17, 2010 3:35:15 PM

ed3120 said:
I'm getting a pair of 22 inch LCD monitors. I like the look of the VESA compliant monitor arms that leave the area under your monitor clear for your keyboard. The problem is, these stands cost about $200.

Does anyone have any ideas or know of any how-to guides where you can make something like this cheaper with some standard home depot-ish products?

They are a bit expensive but I found some good lcd monitor arms you can email the guy there he can help you out.

They have this chief brand that you can mount to the wall Lcd arm mount to wall as well as a bunch of other mounts. Ask for chris at www.mountedconcepts.com

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 21, 2010 5:45:53 PM

i know what u mean by wanting to be able to build it and taken pride in what you built what i would say is to take your monitors( im assuming your screen is a vesa mount) you need to find the distance from the mount to the edge of your screen that will give you have the span of the 2x4 depending on the size of your monitor's i would say anything from 2to6 lag bolts into a stud.

and if you want them to have a slight angle i would suggest using a cardboard mock up to find the angles. or even better the arm can go out in a v like manor and mount the screens with a pivot. i dunno this is what i was thinking how doing and this is how i was ganna move forward with it. i hope this helps.

Ryan
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
September 2, 2010 8:28:25 PM

Go to Home Depot plumbing dept. Find the galvanized pipe section.
Get 3 1/2"X12" pipes, 3 1/2" floor flanges, 1 1/2" "T", 2 1/2" 90 deg elbows, 2 2"X1/2" nipples.
Next find some scrap plywood or sheet metal and cut 2- 5" squares. Drill 4 clearance holes in the corners at 10mm spacing (VISA) for mounting to monitors and 4 more holes to mount each to a floor flange.

I think you can figure the rest. It allows for up-down adjustment but not left-right (unless you bend the pipes). Suggest you use a cardboard mock-up to get angles right.

Cheers!
Cruz
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
September 2, 2010 8:50:49 PM

Update--
www.monoprice.com has amazing prices on dual monitor stands.

Cruz
a b C Monitor
September 19, 2010 11:14:44 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!