keep scheduling always on even when the user logoff

Can you please help me to solve the following issue :
I have scheduled a task to execute in specific intervals. When the user log
off, then scheduler is not executed. Is there any way to execute a scheduled
job even the user log off , but the PC is on. I have scheduled this job in
administrator user mode. This is in win XP prof .
Thanks in advance for the solution.
3 answers Last reply
More about keep scheduling user logoff

    Scheduled Tasks|Advanced|View Log may provide some details. If the job
    connects to another machine you may need to add the user/ group 'logon as
    batch job' rights (server side). Control Panel|Admin Tools|Local Security
    Policy\Local Policies\User Rights Assignments
    "Log on as a batch job"

    Remember that if it involves network resources to make sure the user account
    has permissions to the resources and also use UNC paths as mapped drives
    won't exist when no one is logged on.

    This article may also help.

    Result Codes in Scheduled Tasks Indicate an Error Occurred in the Task
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q267031

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Mani" wrote:
    | Can you please help me to solve the following issue :
    | I have scheduled a task to execute in specific intervals. When the user
    log
    | off, then scheduler is not executed. Is there any way to execute a
    scheduled
    | job even the user log off , but the PC is on. I have scheduled this job
    in
    | administrator user mode. This is in win XP prof .
    | Thanks in advance for the solution.

    You have likely setup the task to run under your account. Try setting it up
    to run as "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" without the quotes (a reboot may be
    necessary for it to take). This way it should run even if someone else is
    logged into the computer.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner

    "Mani" <Mani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can you please help me to solve the following issue :
    > I have scheduled a task to execute in specific intervals. When the user
    > log
    > off, then scheduler is not executed. Is there any way to execute a
    > scheduled
    > job even the user log off , but the PC is on. I have scheduled this job
    > in
    > administrator user mode. This is in win XP prof .
    > Thanks in advance for the solution.

    That wouldn't make a difference.

    --

    "Richard Urban [MVP]" wrote:
    | You have likely setup the task to run under your account. Try setting it
    up
    | to run as "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" without the quotes (a reboot may be
    | necessary for it to take). This way it should run even if someone else is
    | logged into the computer.
    |
    | --
    | Regards,
    |
    | Richard Urban
    | Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
    |
    | Quote from: George Ankner
    | "If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    | You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
    |
    | "Mani" <Mani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > Can you please help me to solve the following issue :
    | > I have scheduled a task to execute in specific intervals. When the user
    | > log
    | > off, then scheduler is not executed. Is there any way to execute a
    | > scheduled
    | > job even the user log off , but the PC is on. I have scheduled this job
    | > in
    | > administrator user mode. This is in win XP prof .
    | > Thanks in advance for the solution.

Microsoft Windows XP