T3 Battery Change

September 24, 2004 12:02:08 PM

I currently have a Tungsten T that I have been REALLY happy with. I
am usually just a little behind the curve, as I picked up my T|T right
after the T2s came out and the price had dropped on the T|Ts. Now
that the T5 is apparently right around the corner, I am looking at
picking up a T3 as soon as the price on them drop, but I have read
numerous threads here about the poor battery life. I have also read
some threads about people who crack them open and replace the battery
with a stronger one and have been mucho happy.

How hard is that to do, keeping in mind that I am not a "handy" fix-it
kind of guy? Also, if I were to buy one and take it to Radio Shack,
would they do it for me? (And yes, I understand completely that it
voids my warrenty!)

More about : battery change

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 9:41:10 PM

On 24 Sep 2004 08:02:08 -0700, John Newsome had this to say...

Instructions with pictures <http://tinyurl.com/jg8r&gt;

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

On 24 Sep 2004 08:02:08 -0700, jnewsome@gmail.com (John Newsome)
uttered something that went like this:

<How hard is that to do, keeping in mind that I am not a "handy"
fix-it
<kind of guy?

I have had my T3 apart several times now and even with the picture
instructions on the web, it would not be an easy thing for you to do.
There lots of ways that you can damage stuff inside if you don't take
it apart right. That said, you have to use a paper clip to unlock the
slider and remove the bottom and four screws that you must remove to
have it come apart. The front and back case halves are also snapped
together with little tangs, and you must know where and which
direction to "pry" the two apart without bending up the case.The
battery is attached with double sided tape and connected electrically
with a plug that just snaps off.

Good luck

Be well,

HoP

The preceding message represents personal opinions
and/or advice that may be of absolutely no use to
the reader.

------- Words have no Warranty ------
------- No View without Merit ------
September 28, 2004 12:20:20 PM

On 24 Sep 2004 08:02:08 -0700, jnewsome@gmail.com (John Newsome)
uttered something that went like this:

<but I have read
<numerous threads here about the poor battery life.

If you get a program like LightSpeed which allows you to adjust the
clock for each application, you can greatly expand the charge life of
the T#.

Be well,

HoP

The preceding message represents personal opinions
and/or advice that may be of absolutely no use to
the reader.

------- Words have no Warranty ------
------- No View without Merit ------
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 1:06:24 AM

I've tried lightspeed on my T3, and within less than one had a total
hangup, requiring a hard reset.

Now, this was the first and the last time I tried this programme.
!