Windows media player

When watching a .wmv file in media center 9, I was only able to hear
the sound. No picture. I upgraded to media player 10 and have the same
result. Sound but no picture. I'm running XP. Any ideas?
Jeff
3 answers Last reply
More about windows media player

    Your question can best be answered by reposting in the
    "Windows Media Player" newsgroup:

    Visit the "Official" Windows Media Player Newsgroup:

    Windows Media Player FAQ
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/faq.aspx

    Windows Media Player: WMP mini FAQ (Excellent Site!)
    http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

    Windows Media Player Support Center
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];wmp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Jeff" wrote:

    | When watching a .wmv file in media center 9, I was only able to hear
    | the sound. No picture. I upgraded to media player 10 and have the same
    | result. Sound but no picture. I'm running XP. Any ideas?
    | Jeff

    Download ActiveX 9

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Your question can best be answered by reposting in the
    > "Windows Media Player" newsgroup:
    >
    > Visit the "Official" Windows Media Player Newsgroup:
    >
    > Windows Media Player FAQ
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/faq.aspx
    >
    > Windows Media Player: WMP mini FAQ (Excellent Site!)
    > http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html
    >
    > Windows Media Player Support Center
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];wmp
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Jeff" wrote:
    >
    > | When watching a .wmv file in media center 9, I was only able to hear
    > | the sound. No picture. I upgraded to media player 10 and have the same
    > | result. Sound but no picture. I'm running XP. Any ideas?
    > | Jeff

    SORRY! its late here iam still at work I ment DIRECTX 9
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a9b6820-bfbb-4799-9908-d418cdeac197&displaylang=en

    From Microsoft

    "Rob" wrote:

    > Download ActiveX 9
    >
    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    > > Your question can best be answered by reposting in the
    > > "Windows Media Player" newsgroup:
    > >
    > > Visit the "Official" Windows Media Player Newsgroup:
    > >
    > > Windows Media Player FAQ
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/faq.aspx
    > >
    > > Windows Media Player: WMP mini FAQ (Excellent Site!)
    > > http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html
    > >
    > > Windows Media Player Support Center
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];wmp
    > >
    > > --
    > > Carey Frisch
    > > Microsoft MVP
    > > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > > Microsoft Newsgroups
    > >
    > > Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

    > > "Jeff" wrote:
    > >
    > > | When watching a .wmv file in media center 9, I was only able to hear
    > > | the sound. No picture. I upgraded to media player 10 and have the same
    > > | result. Sound but no picture. I'm running XP. Any ideas?
    > > | Jeff

Media Center Microsoft Media Player Windows XP