Q: web cam communication

Hello,
I have a web cam in my house and a web cam in my mother’s house. We both use
Windows Xp, is there any way we can see each other and stay connected through
web cam? Is there any fee product we can use?
Thanks,

Might you look into IP cams or network cams,
They are stand alone little dedicated webserver/camera's . Available with
and without sound and even two way sound.
example... http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=364

"JIM.H." <JIMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have a web cam in my house and a web cam in my mother's house. We both
> use
> Windows Xp, is there any way we can see each other and stay connected
> through
> web cam? Is there any fee product we can use?
> Thanks,

You can use Netmeeting or Windows Messenger. Type them in help to see how.

"JIM.H." <JIMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E506BD-0A6A-4B60-9E1C-F0163D77752D@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> I have a web cam in my house and a web cam in my mother’s house. We both use
> Windows Xp, is there any way we can see each other and stay connected through
> web cam? Is there any fee product we can use?
> Thanks,

Alias

You can use Yahoo Messenger too.

--
Alias

"David Candy" <.> wrote

You can use Netmeeting or Windows Messenger. Type them in help to see how.

"JIM.H." <JIMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have a web cam in my house and a web cam in my mother’s house. We both
> use
> Windows Xp, is there any way we can see each other and stay connected
> through
> web cam? Is there any fee product we can use?
> Thanks,

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way I can start my cam from home and see
it on the internet in my mother’s home without another cam?

"David Candy" wrote:

> You can use Netmeeting or Windows Messenger. Type them in help to see how.

> "JIM.H." <JIMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E506BD-0A6A-4B60-9E1C-F0163D77752D@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> > I have a web cam in my house and a web cam in my mother’s house. We both use
> > Windows Xp, is there any way we can see each other and stay connected through
> > web cam? Is there any fee product we can use?
> > Thanks,

It's not part of windows.

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message news:Ob5RethiFHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> You can use Yahoo Messenger too.
>
> --
> Alias
>
> Use the Reply to Sender feature of your news reader program to email me.
> Utiliza Responder al Remitente para mandarme un mail.
>
> "David Candy" <.> wrote
>
> You can use Netmeeting or Windows Messenger. Type them in help to see how.

> "JIM.H." <JIMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> I have a web cam in my house and a web cam in my mother’s house. We both
>> use
>> Windows Xp, is there any way we can see each other and stay connected
>> through
>> web cam? Is there any fee product we can use?
>> Thanks,

Alias

So? Read the OP's message again.

--
Alias

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
It's not part of windows.

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> You can use Yahoo Messenger too.
>
> --
> Alias
>
> Use the Reply to Sender feature of your news reader program to email me.
> Utiliza Responder al Remitente para mandarme un mail.
>
> "David Candy" <.> wrote
>
> You can use Netmeeting or Windows Messenger. Type them in help to see how.

> "JIM.H." <JIMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> I have a web cam in my house and a web cam in my mother’s house. We
>> both
>> use
>> Windows Xp, is there any way we can see each other and stay connected
>> through
>> web cam? Is there any fee product we can use?
>> Thanks,

XP has remote desktop and Netmeeting also has Remote Desktop.

David Candy wrote:
> XP has remote desktop and Netmeeting also has Remote Desktop.

XP Professional has Remote Desktop, XP Home only has Remote Assistance - so
you may or may not be able to use that option.

You can setup Netmeeting to use as a remote control as well - you could even
look into a third-party product like "UltraVNC" to remotely control your
machine. All of these things would require proper firewall, and if
applicable, router configurations to use.

Some camera's come with software to host a webcam - other software is
available to upload pictures to a remote locations periodically or when an
event occurs. You'll have to research it.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Thanks I have XP Pro. But it seems a little bit complex for me. How should I
connect to computer at my house from a computer in another house? We both
have high speed connection to internet however I do not know how to setup
remote connection. Is there any sight that gives steps clearly?

JIM.H. wrote:
> Thanks I have XP Pro. But it seems a little bit complex for me. How
> should I connect to computer at my house from a computer in another
> house? We both have high speed connection to internet however I do
> not know how to setup remote connection. Is there any sight that
> gives steps clearly?

See:

Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP