Windows XP Home { User Accounts }

July 16, 2005 1:45:03 PM

I have my computer set to receive Automatic Microsoft Updates. My computer
recently changed when I start up my computer by pushing the start botton it
would boot up and show my selected background screen and then I could click
on my ISP Icon on my desktop to go online. My problem is when I now push the
computer start botton my computer boots up but then shows a blue background
screen with My Name and NO password which I never supplied, but I have to
click O K and then it brings up my selected background screen to enable to
click on my ISP Icon to go online. I have went into User Accounts and have
found NO WAY to remove my Name. I have recently set my computer up to go on
my DSL online automatically and it won't until I click O K on the user box. I
am the only person that has access to my computer and it's very aggravating
to have to walk over to my computer again to have to automatically go online.
PLEASE HELP. I have already removed the Automatic Microsoft Updates.
Microsoft should at least offer FREE Technical Support on their NEW UPGRADES.
THANKS
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 3:50:18 PM

Roger wrote:
> I have my computer set to receive Automatic Microsoft Updates. My
> computer recently changed when I start up my computer by pushing the
> start botton it would boot up and show my selected background screen
> and then I could click on my ISP Icon on my desktop to go online. My
> problem is when I now push the computer start botton my computer
> boots up but then shows a blue background screen with My Name and NO
> password which I never supplied, but I have to click O K and then it
> brings up my selected background screen to enable to click on my ISP
> Icon to go online. I have went into User Accounts and have found NO
> WAY to remove my Name. I have recently set my computer up to go on my
> DSL online automatically and it won't until I click O K on the user
> box. I am the only person that has access to my computer and it's
> very aggravating to have to walk over to my computer again to have to
> automatically go online. PLEASE HELP. I have already removed the
> Automatic Microsoft Updates. Microsoft should at least offer FREE
> Technical Support on their NEW UPGRADES. THANKS

Just enable automatic logon again.. Search for that.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP