Windows XP Home { User Accounts }

I have my computer set to receive Automatic Microsoft Updates. My computer
recently changed when I start up my computer by pushing the start botton it
would boot up and show my selected background screen and then I could click
on my ISP Icon on my desktop to go online. My problem is when I now push the
computer start botton my computer boots up but then shows a blue background
screen with My Name and NO password which I never supplied, but I have to
click O K and then it brings up my selected background screen to enable to
click on my ISP Icon to go online. I have went into User Accounts and have
found NO WAY to remove my Name. I have recently set my computer up to go on
my DSL online automatically and it won't until I click O K on the user box. I
am the only person that has access to my computer and it's very aggravating
to have to walk over to my computer again to have to automatically go online.
PLEASE HELP. I have already removed the Automatic Microsoft Updates.
Microsoft should at least offer FREE Technical Support on their NEW UPGRADES.
THANKS
1 answer Last reply
More about windows home user accounts

    Roger wrote:
    > I have my computer set to receive Automatic Microsoft Updates. My
    > computer recently changed when I start up my computer by pushing the
    > start botton it would boot up and show my selected background screen
    > and then I could click on my ISP Icon on my desktop to go online. My
    > problem is when I now push the computer start botton my computer
    > boots up but then shows a blue background screen with My Name and NO
    > password which I never supplied, but I have to click O K and then it
    > brings up my selected background screen to enable to click on my ISP
    > Icon to go online. I have went into User Accounts and have found NO
    > WAY to remove my Name. I have recently set my computer up to go on my
    > DSL online automatically and it won't until I click O K on the user
    > box. I am the only person that has access to my computer and it's
    > very aggravating to have to walk over to my computer again to have to
    > automatically go online. PLEASE HELP. I have already removed the
    > Automatic Microsoft Updates. Microsoft should at least offer FREE
    > Technical Support on their NEW UPGRADES. THANKS

    Just enable automatic logon again.. Search for that.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

Internet Service Providers Computers Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP