The local security policy of this system does not allow yo..

I receive this message on windows xp home edition on a stand alone
laptop. The passwords are correct. I cannot logon as administrator
either as it gives me the same error message, "the local security
policy of this system does not allow you to logon interactively."

I have no idea how to get logged on and change the settings. Any
ideas?

--
jlibler
More about local security policy system

    "jlibler" <jlibler.1s9usy@no-mx.gateway.localhost> wrote in message

    > I receive this message on windows xp home edition on a stand alone
    > laptop. The passwords are correct. I cannot logon as administrator
    > either as it gives me the same error message, "the local security
    > policy of this system does not allow you to logon interactively."
    >
    > I have no idea how to get logged on and change the settings. Any
    > ideas?
    >

    > --
    > jlibler

    This might help:
    http://www.dbforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1148620.html

    Alternately, google on the error message and "XP Home".

    It's XP Home, so you have tried to log in in Safe Mode as Administrator?
    If not, the default password is blank.

    HTH
    -pk

    Start>run> type in the box secpol.msc /s then press enter. This opens the
    local security setting window. On the left side under local policy select
    User Rights Assignments. On the right side you have several options to
    check, first check the "Deny logon Locally" double click on it and make sure
    your user name is not listed, if it is then remove it. Then check the "
    Logon Locally" and add you name. You can do this from safe mode if you do
    not have an account that works.

    "jlibler" <jlibler.1s9usy@no-mx.gateway.localhost> wrote in message

    > I receive this message on windows xp home edition on a stand alone
    > laptop. The passwords are correct. I cannot logon as administrator
    > either as it gives me the same error message, "the local security
    > policy of this system does not allow you to logon interactively."
    >
    > I have no idea how to get logged on and change the settings. Any
    > ideas?
    >

    > --
    > jlibler

    I can't logon in safe mode as administrator, receive same error message
    as title of thread. I have my operating cd which allows me to get into
    recovery console. any thoughts?

    --
    jlibler

Policy Security Windows XP