MN-100 re-load

Jim

had to build a new hard drive and re-load all
applications. I am trying to re-load the MN-100 Base
Station but it fails to connect to the internet during
setup. System is Windows 98
Run setup and load software.
select DSL Connection
Ethernet connection with External Modem, Speed Stream
attempts to connect to internet and says it failed and try
again.

I am connected directly through the modem using EnterNet
300 and the the Speed Stream, but need my router for other
PC's.

Any ideas?

Jim

joker

Uninstall the EnterNet 300 software and configure the MN-100 to do a
PPPoE connection. Also next time do not reprogram the router when you
format a computer. The router will keep all of the settings inside
itself & not any computer on the network.

If you need help with the PPPoE connection post who your ISP is to this
thread.

Jim wrote:
> had to build a new hard drive and re-load all
> applications. I am trying to re-load the MN-100 Base
> Station but it fails to connect to the internet during
> setup. System is Windows 98
> Run setup and load software.
> select DSL Connection
> Ethernet connection with External Modem, Speed Stream
> attempts to connect to internet and says it failed and try
> again.
>
> I am connected directly through the modem using EnterNet
> 300 and the the Speed Stream, but need my router for other
> PC's.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jim

Reset the Base when it said to. Wish I hadn't because my
laptop still could use it.

ISP is SBC Global.

Still having the same trouble, but not familiar with
setting up "PPPoE" and other information.

Thanks,
Jim

joker

You might want to check out the following articles.

810965 - MSBBN: SBC Yahoo or Ameritec Users Cannot Connect to the
Internet After Installing Base Station

331918 - MSBBN: MSBBN Problems with PPPoE Setup and Programming the Base
Station

331950 - MSBBN: How to Manually Configure the MN-500 Wireless Base Station

810964 - MSBBN: How to Manually Configure Your Base Station With Windows

811038 - ISP Information Needed to Manually Set Up the NAT Service on
the MN-100 and MN-500

811039 - MSBBN: Installing and Configuring the Wireless Base Station MN-500

You can check them all out at http://support.microsoft.com

> Reset the Base when it said to. Wish I hadn't because my
> laptop still could use it.
>
> ISP is SBC Global.
>
> Still having the same trouble, but not familiar with
> setting up "PPPoE" and other information.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Several of the data numbers were not available,
specifically, 811038 and 811039.

I followed the reset of the PPoE, but do not have the same
files as discribed there. I only have "NETWORK" not
Network and Internet Connections. I cannot go to START/RUN
and use cmd as it cannot find the file to cancel the
current PPoE settings. I will attempt to do a manual
setting, but not sure I have all the information required
to do so.

May be purchasing a new base station if this doesn't work
soon.

Thanks for all the help
Jim