I need some of your wisdom to enlighten me on which LCD to choose from. I'm currently living in Greece, so my options are limited. There are just a few points I want to put out that need some clarification:
1) I was told that any screen 20" and up aren't replaced if there's only one dead pixel. There needs to be up to 5 dead pixels in a row in order for the manufacturer to replace it. So 19" are replaced with as much as 1 dead pixel but 20" are not. This is one of the reason's i'm hesitant in getting a 20".
2) For widescreen LCD's, 19" = 1440x900 native resolution while 20" = 1680 by 1050 native resolution. My system is pretty good, however, i'm not always capable of playing games at 1680 by 1050 with full settings. How bad is it to have a 20" and play at lets say 1280x1024?
3) How much difference is there between the sizes really....is there much of a difference? can anyone with personal experience give me their opinion.
The three LCD's i've come up with are:
1) 20" LG 207wt = 250 Euros (this is the newer version of the 206wt)
2) 20" SS 206BW = 260 Euros
3) LG" L197wh = 240 Euros (this is essentially the 19 inch version of
the LG 207wt but with a much better
As you can see, they're all roughly the same price, but each has its perks. The specs for the LG are much better with 5000:1 contrast ratio. I'm leaning towards the 19" LG, because i'm scared of the dead pixel factor not being replaced. The computer will be used for games, movies, and text reading.
ahaha, i agree partialsum.
What monitors have you been looking at? I think i'm going to go with the 19" LG L197wh (similar to L197wt or 207wt). I chose 19" because i get a 0 pixel guarantee with LG. If any pixel die or have an issue i can replace the whole monitor.