Change screen resolution from a different user??

July 16, 2005 4:16:03 PM

I accidently changed my screen resolution to 1600x1200 and it says Frequency
out of range and to try other resolution...but how can i do it if i can't see
anything =[
I changed it by right-clicking on the destop > display mode > True color >
1600x1200 so it won't change back to normal like it does when you change it
in Display Properties~
So is there anyother way i can change my resolution back? T.T
July 17, 2005 1:29:32 AM

Reboot and hit F8 continuously after the beep. Choose Safe Mode. Open the
configuration window again. Move the bar and then move it back to whatever
Safe Mode had it set at. Hit apply. Reboot.

--
Alias

"Dylan" <Dylan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>I accidently changed my screen resolution to 1600x1200 and it says
>Frequency
> out of range and to try other resolution...but how can i do it if i can't
> see
> anything =[
> I changed it by right-clicking on the destop > display mode > True color >
> 1600x1200 so it won't change back to normal like it does when you change
> it
> in Display Properties~
> So is there anyother way i can change my resolution back? T.T
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 1:45:04 AM

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:16:03 -0700, "Dylan"
<Dylan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I accidently changed my screen resolution to 1600x1200 and it says Frequency
>out of range and to try other resolution...but how can i do it if i can't see
>anything =[
>I changed it by right-clicking on the destop > display mode > True color >
>1600x1200 so it won't change back to normal like it does when you change it
>in Display Properties~
>So is there anyother way i can change my resolution back? T.T

Are you using a different user account to try and change the
resolution of YOUR user account? If so, as you have just discovered,
changes to their desktop don't affect yours.

You should be able to logon to your account in safe mode, as the
resolution there is much lower by default, then set the resolution
where you want it and reboot, logging into a regular XP session after
that.