Cant put icons or right click on the desktop

Hi,

I got given a laptop by my fathers company and I can't right click on the
desktop or place icons on the desktop.

I can right click anywhere else & even if I open the desktop folder in
windows explorer & place shortscuts there they dont appear on the desktop.

Any ideas?
--
The Son of Jor-El
1 answer Last reply

    You problably dont have Administrative rights.Since this computer was at your
    Fathers work place.
    1-Try pressing F8 when the com boots up if you can log in as Administrator
    in safe mode try adding a user with all Admin right.But that default might of
    been takin off.

    2-If not bring the com back lol tell the Network guy to take off any admin
    rights

    3-RE-FORMAT!

    ttyl

    "Son of Jor-El" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I got given a laptop by my fathers company and I can't right click on the
    > desktop or place icons on the desktop.
    >
    > I can right click anywhere else & even if I open the desktop folder in
    > windows explorer & place shortscuts there they dont appear on the desktop.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > --
    > The Son of Jor-El

Windows Explorer Desktops Microsoft Icons Windows XP