Cant put icons or right click on the desktop

July 16, 2005 4:19:01 PM

Hi,

I got given a laptop by my fathers company and I can't right click on the
desktop or place icons on the desktop.

I can right click anywhere else & even if I open the desktop folder in
windows explorer & place shortscuts there they dont appear on the desktop.

Any ideas?
--
The Son of Jor-El
July 16, 2005 6:17:01 PM

You problably dont have Administrative rights.Since this computer was at your
Fathers work place.
1-Try pressing F8 when the com boots up if you can log in as Administrator
in safe mode try adding a user with all Admin right.But that default might of
been takin off.

2-If not bring the com back lol tell the Network guy to take off any admin
rights

3-RE-FORMAT!

ttyl

!