Entente Cordial...

Anyone else think it ironic that the Grenadier Guards led the parade?

(Not my period but didn't they get their name - incorrectly - from
Waterloo?)

Nearly as good as the the Eurostar terminus of the same name...

drunk jon

It certainly made me chuckle

after all when was the last time a parade went down the Champs Elysee
containing the grenadier guards, the household cavalry, the RHA and a
bunch of marines? 1815?

technohobbit wrote:

> Anyone else think it ironic that the Grenadier Guards led the parade?
>
> (Not my period but didn't they get their name - incorrectly - from
> Waterloo?)
>
> Nearly as good as the the Eurostar terminus of the same name...
>
> drunk jon

> after all when was the last time a parade went down the Champs Elysee
> containing the grenadier guards, the household cavalry, the RHA and a
> bunch of marines? 1815?

Makes a change from a German parade going down a French street :p

Jimi

Jimi wrote:
>> after all when was the last time a parade went down the Champs Elysee
>> containing the grenadier guards, the household cavalry, the RHA and a
>> bunch of marines? 1815?
>>
> Makes a change from a German parade going down a French street :p

Damn your eyes, I was going to say that. :eek:)

--
Stephen Weir

New Year's Resolution # 1: I will not argue with idiots on Usenet!
List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk
ICQ # 11472386