ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 Install Hangs

dolthead

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2005
WHAT could be hanging up the ATI TV Wonder USB Driver install??? I've turned off my real-time virus scanner, tried the newer install from ati.com, uninstalled, reinstalled, added a new GeForce AGP 8x card, ALL TO NO AVAIL. I've let it run for hours, and it goes nowhere.

Anyone know any workarounds for this type of problem??

My PC is a Presario with an Athlon XP 3200+, XP Home SP2, 512MB ram, etc.

pat

Expert
Is the TV wonder plugged in when you install the drivers? I dont know about this device, but some USB device must be unplugged while installing the drivers, then you restart the computer and when you plug the USB device, it install it.

I'd like to know, when you'll have it installed, how you like it. Because one of my friend would like to have an USB TV/capture card on his laptop and was thinking about it.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

dolthead

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2005
No, it is not plugged in. I pulled it out of the box, put the CD in (just as instructed), and it would hang during the install. The CPU is pegged at 100%, and never comes back. All other posts about this unit give rave reviews, so your friend will probably do fine. I'll even sell him mine, so I don't have to grovel at BestBuy to get them to take it back. $90 will get it shipped (a savings of $10 and taxes). Send payment to paypal@simplybest.com. :eek:)

Thx for the reply.

Todd