Firefox Question

(I couldn't find a firefox newsgroup on my newsserver)
For the life of me I can't find the (tab?/spot) where you check "dial
whenever there isn't an internet connection".
If I go to a page when off line it just says "Google.com.. can't be found"
Thanks
John
5 answers Last reply
More about firefox question

    There is no Firefox specific newsgroup. netscape.public.mozilla.browser
    would probably be your best bet. I'm not sure if Firefox can do what you
    want but there may be an extension available that would help.

    "John H" <89s@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:42d99120$1@clear.net.nz...
    > (I couldn't find a firefox newsgroup on my newsserver)
    > For the life of me I can't find the (tab?/spot) where you check "dial
    > whenever there isn't an internet connection".
    > If I go to a page when off line it just says "Google.com.. can't be found"
    > Thanks
    > John

    I don't believe Firefox has that option :-)

    "John H" <89s@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:42d99120$1@clear.net.nz...
    > (I couldn't find a firefox newsgroup on my newsserver)
    > For the life of me I can't find the (tab?/spot) where you check "dial
    > whenever there isn't an internet connection".
    > If I go to a page when off line it just says "Google.com.. can't be found"
    > Thanks
    > John

    Put these services on automatic (Control Panel > Administrative Tools >
    Services) and reboot

    Remote Access Connection Manager
    Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
    Telephony

    Also check the default connection ie this registry key

    DefaultInternet

    at

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\RAS Autodial\Default

    (Start > Run > Regedit)

    Jon

    "John H" <89s@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:42d99120$1@clear.net.nz...
    > (I couldn't find a firefox newsgroup on my newsserver)
    > For the life of me I can't find the (tab?/spot) where you check "dial
    > whenever there isn't an internet connection".
    > If I go to a page when off line it just says "Google.com.. can't be found"
    > Thanks
    > John

    The Firefox newsgroup is netscape.mozilla.firefox on
    secnews.netscape.com [this is a secure server].

    DD

    DD wrote:
    > The Firefox newsgroup is netscape.mozilla.firefox on
    > secnews.netscape.com [this is a secure server].
    >
    > DD

    To add ,secnews.netscape.com uses port 563 and you need to allow this in
    your firewall permissions

Firefox Microsoft Internet Connection Windows XP