Firefox Question

July 17, 2005 2:58:47 PM

(I couldn't find a firefox newsgroup on my newsserver)
For the life of me I can't find the (tab?/spot) where you check "dial
whenever there isn't an internet connection".
If I go to a page when off line it just says "Google.com.. can't be found"
Thanks
John

More about : firefox question

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 2:58:48 PM

There is no Firefox specific newsgroup. netscape.public.mozilla.browser
would probably be your best bet. I'm not sure if Firefox can do what you
want but there may be an extension available that would help.

"John H" <89s@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:42d99120$1@clear.net.nz...
> (I couldn't find a firefox newsgroup on my newsserver)
> For the life of me I can't find the (tab?/spot) where you check "dial
> whenever there isn't an internet connection".
> If I go to a page when off line it just says "Google.com.. can't be found"
> Thanks
> John

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 2:58:48 PM

I don't believe Firefox has that option :-)

"John H" <89s@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:42d99120$1@clear.net.nz...
> (I couldn't find a firefox newsgroup on my newsserver)
> For the life of me I can't find the (tab?/spot) where you check "dial
> whenever there isn't an internet connection".
> If I go to a page when off line it just says "Google.com.. can't be found"
> Thanks
> John

Related resources
July 17, 2005 2:58:48 PM

Put these services on automatic (Control Panel > Administrative Tools >
Services) and reboot

Remote Access Connection Manager
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
Telephony

Also check the default connection ie this registry key

DefaultInternet

at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\RAS Autodial\Default

(Start > Run > Regedit)

Jon

"John H" <89s@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:42d99120$1@clear.net.nz...
> (I couldn't find a firefox newsgroup on my newsserver)
> For the life of me I can't find the (tab?/spot) where you check "dial
> whenever there isn't an internet connection".
> If I go to a page when off line it just says "Google.com.. can't be found"
> Thanks
> John

July 17, 2005 9:26:23 PM

The Firefox newsgroup is netscape.mozilla.firefox on
secnews.netscape.com [this is a secure server].

DD

John H wrote:
> (I couldn't find a firefox newsgroup on my newsserver)
> For the life of me I can't find the (tab?/spot) where you check "dial
> whenever there isn't an internet connection".
> If I go to a page when off line it just says "Google.com.. can't be found"
> Thanks
> John

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 9:26:24 PM

DD wrote:
> The Firefox newsgroup is netscape.mozilla.firefox on
> secnews.netscape.com [this is a secure server].
>
> DD

To add ,secnews.netscape.com uses port 563 and you need to allow this in
your firewall permissions
!