New SAmsung 930BF 19" - missing red!

himagain

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2005
Greetings people!
New Samsung930BF just arrived and setup initially on VGA ( it is dual DVI)
Well, it looks huge compare to my old 15" and even 17" LCDs. Nowhere near as good a picture definition as CRT.
Set itself up on auto and here are first observations:
1. I see no big difference in refresh or screendraw.
2. VERY poor (non-existent actually) docos and no way to solve problem #1:
There is no red in RGB - none at all!

Am endeavouring to get some info from Samsung support.

More later.

(Screen is pretty good - in its greenish unalterable look and definition............ :) )

Tuareg

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2005
Mine doesn't have that problem.

But it doesn't have BLACKS. And I think it is a 100% perfect display, no dead pixels, no missing colors, no nothing.

But it is TOO bright. And the top is way darker than the bottom. And the viewing angles are AWFUL. I'm not sure I can live with it.

Why didn't I buy the Viewsonic? *sigh*

himagain

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2005
QUOTE:
But it doesn't have BLACKS. And I think it is a 100% perfect display, no dead pixels, no missing colors, no nothing.
ENDQUOTE

You mean it is more like greys than blacks??
I must say I wondered about the Viewsonic myself.... but in OZ there is a (normally)great support - 3 yr on-site wty - 100% pixel g'tee for Samsung.

HOWEVER - still no response from them - I kept playing around with the settings - hopeless instructions came with it - in fact none, really. The setup disk etc were useless for info.

BUT - I finally received a "check cable" error message.
Could not find a thing wrong ( all tight) and finally in frustration simply reversed the VGA cable.
Now it is BEAUTIFUL :)
Much better than my older 172X
Still no idea why it helped............

BUT I dropped the brightness down to about 2 for my conditions and tired old eyes!

TRENDING THREADS