Help with - Error Loading C:windowscfgmgr52.DLL

Hi

I am not very good with computers so any help needs to be very well
explained. Some of my mates are good at computers and dirtected me here.

I have Windows XP and Norton’s Internet Security 2004. I share the computer
with the rest of my family who are like me careful on the net.

The problem is whenever I turn the computer on I get

A dialog box with the title bar: "RUNDLL"
And the text of this box says, "Error Loading C:windows\cfgmgr52.DLL"

What is it? And how do I stop it (I did a search for it I even searched
Hidden files but found nothing).

Also when ever I do a "Full system scan" with Norton’s it shows some files
it cannot delete and tells me to exclude them. How can I get rid of them or
should I just exclude them.

If my problem is explained in other threads could you show me? I did have a
look about but could not find the problem.

Thank You
1 answer Last reply
More about help error loading windowscfgmgr52

    Tindy1986 wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I am not very good with computers so any help needs to be very well
    > explained. Some of my mates are good at computers and dirtected me
    > here.
    >
    > I have Windows XP and Norton's Internet Security 2004. I share the
    > computer with the rest of my family who are like me careful on the
    > net.
    >
    > The problem is whenever I turn the computer on I get
    >
    > A dialog box with the title bar: "RUNDLL"
    > And the text of this box says, "Error Loading C:windows\cfgmgr52.DLL"
    >
    > What is it? And how do I stop it (I did a search for it I even
    > searched Hidden files but found nothing).
    >
    > Also when ever I do a "Full system scan" with Norton's it shows some
    > files it cannot delete and tells me to exclude them. How can I get rid
    > of them or should I just exclude them.
    >
    > If my problem is explained in other threads could you show me? I did
    > have a look about but could not find the problem.
    >
    > Thank You

    You've got the Booked Space malware. Follow the general malware removal
    steps here:

    It is crucial that you do all scans in Safe Mode with updated tools.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers