For productivity - Mac or PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnies1312

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Hi, I am looking to buy a new computer and really like e idea of an iMac to replace my windows pc. I am just fed up with windows really, but I worry that if i buy a mac I will be getting less for my money. I can buy a better spec pc for about 2/3 the price of an iMac.

Is the i3 iMac any good for things such as web design and other productivity tasks or should I just get another windows machine?

G

I have a friend who is long term Mac person but just had to buy an HP laptop for a web project. In fact most of the guys I know with an art direction background, who do web stuff, reluctantly have to have both.

The Mac has a great operating system but it's frustrating for hands-on people because many features you may have become accustomed to in Windows are left off for simplicity's sake.

When the Mac works it's fine, but when problems arise I can't find the tools or info I need to fix them -- and I say that because Mac friends call me in to help because using a Mac has deprived them of the hands-on knowledge that Windows users have (cycinics would say because th PC goes wrong often enough).

As for cost -- you know the answer to that ! Now that the Mac is basically a PC in drag it's not hard to detect that the money goes on the pretty case, advertising and the expensive real estate for Apple stores.

Ronnies1312

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Thanks for your reply fihart, I already have two windows computers so I am sliding more towards a Mac at the moment. Does anyone know how well the new 21.5" iMac performs?

Status
Not open for further replies.