Looking for an ICON (ico) Collection - Esp one that has le..

I've gottten into putting special icon on shortcuts on my task bar. I
have a machine with several hard disks. I'd love to put iconic "E:",
"F:", etc on the shortcuts to the partitions, if I can find letters as
icons.

This sounds like an obvious hack. Has anyone done it ?

I know how to make 16x16 ico files but they look ugly. I'd like to
find something slicker.

Any pointers ?

Thanks

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

On 16 Jul 2005 19:05:33 -0400, adykes@panix.com (Al Dykes) wrote:

>I've gottten into putting special icon on shortcuts on my task bar. I
>have a machine with several hard disks. I'd love to put iconic "E:",
>"F:", etc on the shortcuts to the partitions, if I can find letters as
>icons.
>
>This sounds like an obvious hack. Has anyone done it ?
>
>I know how to make 16x16 ico files but they look ugly. I'd like to
>find something slicker.

I have thousands of icons from 1990-1994. But none are letters. Once I did
try to make some with two letters together (like RA and MS). I was using
screen capture of letters. You can also find a jpg and reduce them down
until the correct size. I was using IrfanView for reduction. And Icon Forge
for capturing and editing. But I ended up using none. What I did use can be
found on my home page.

Try these sites.
(Not recently checked)

Desktop Icons -
http://download.com.com/3150-2318-0-1-1.html?legacy=cnet
dotico.com cool icons - http://www.dotico.com/
Free icons cursors and icon libraries. -
http://www.aha-soft.com/iconlibs.htm
Freeware Icon Library - http://www.it-mate.co.uk/icons/

....Alan
--