One PC / Two sound outputs

Oldguy

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004

I swear I've looked everywhere and can't find a simple solution. So here goes

I want to find a device that plugs into my pc where I can send some sort of
sound file such that it plays. I don't care how it plugs in. It could be
bluetooth, usb, rs-232, 2 tin cans and a string - i don't care.

Here's the kicker, IT MUST NOT INTERUPT my primary sound. It would be like
I'm in one room listening to my music and a speaker down the hall hears
something else.

Anybody?

After sticking his head out from his XP firewall, OLDGUY had this to say:

> I swear I've looked everywhere and can't find a simple solution. So here
> goes ..
>
> I want to find a device that plugs into my pc where I can send some sort
> of sound file such that it plays. I don't care how it plugs in. It could
> be bluetooth, usb, rs-232, 2 tin cans and a string - i don't care.
>
> Here's the kicker, IT MUST NOT INTERUPT my primary sound. It would be like
> I'm in one room listening to my music and a speaker down the hall hears
> something else.

"speaker down the hall hears something else". What the heck is that supposed
to mean? When did speakers start to hear?

--
Still running XP (The Toy Operating System eXPerience)?
Kiddies, don't forget to defrag your hard drive & update your virus

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

You are not explaining this too well, can you clarify what you want?

--
Kenfucious said:

Michael Jackson has been vindicated.

The truth is one, you must accept it. Reality is not a point of view, since
if everything was a point a view, then the theory that everything is a point
of view, is just a point a view and not something real.
"OLDGUY" <OLDGUY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I swear I've looked everywhere and can't find a simple solution. So here
>goes
> ..
>
> I want to find a device that plugs into my pc where I can send some sort
> of
> sound file such that it plays. I don't care how it plugs in. It could be
> bluetooth, usb, rs-232, 2 tin cans and a string - i don't care.
>
> Here's the kicker, IT MUST NOT INTERUPT my primary sound. It would be like
> I'm in one room listening to my music and a speaker down the hall hears
> something else.
>
> Anybody?

Simple solution is you would need 2 sound cards.

OLDGUY wrote:

> I swear I've looked everywhere and can't find a simple solution. So here goes
> ..
>
> I want to find a device that plugs into my pc where I can send some sort of
> sound file such that it plays. I don't care how it plugs in. It could be
> bluetooth, usb, rs-232, 2 tin cans and a string - i don't care.
>
> Here's the kicker, IT MUST NOT INTERUPT my primary sound. It would be like
> I'm in one room listening to my music and a speaker down the hall hears
> something else.
>
> Anybody?

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I swear I've looked everywhere and can't find a simple
> solution. So here goes
>
> I want to find a device that plugs into my pc where I can send
> some sort of
> sound file such that it plays. I don't care how it plugs in.
> It could be
> bluetooth, usb, rs-232, 2 tin cans and a string - i don't
> care.
>
> Here's the kicker, IT MUST NOT INTERUPT my primary sound. It
> would be like
> I'm in one room listening to my music and a speaker down the
> hall hears
> something else.
>
> Anybody?

you could use a normal TCP/IP network, using wireless or wired
methods. Run a teamspeak server on one of the two PC’s and run a
client on both, have them both conet to the server, tell windows to
record whats been out put, set teamspeak to max quality and you should
be happy as larry.

Teamspeak: http://www.goteamspeak.com/news.php

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-PC-sound-outputs-ftopict396869.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1308839