Banding issues using DVI but not Analogue with new LCD mnonitor

Hadji

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
hey guys,

I recently bought an LG L197WH and discovered that it has some serious banding issues when i use the DVI connection. However, if i use the Analogue connection, the banding disappears. I heard of this kind of issue with one of the Dell panels.
What do you guys think is the issue? Is it a faulty monitor, or is the whole 197wh series defective?? I'm using a 8800gt with the newest drivers... i also tried to adjust contrast and gamma, but no luck!

thx

dariop77

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
Hi to all.
I have to buy a new LCD.
I really like the new LG L197WH but for what I read in this thread, I'm afraid that this model has some serious banding issue.
Do you know something guys?
The other modle I like is Smasung Synmaster 931BW, but I read that it even has the same banding issuethan Lg L197Wh.
If you knows omething about this new Lg model please post.
Thanks!

Hadji

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
Hey dariop,

Well, I made this thread a while back and have resolved the issue since. It wasn't a problem with th monitor but the settings i had toyed around with. The default settings are perfect.

Let me tell you...this monitor is stunning, games have never looked nicer. I actually experience current games as they're shown in previews. Movies also look gorgeous. The f-engine button on the monitor itself can switch the display between movie, text, normal, and personal user. This button actually makes a huge difference when changing between desired viewing. I chose a 19"LG specifically because of their pixel perfect guarentee, as soon as you see 1 dead pixel, you can return the whole monitor. Which is not the case for any other company.

So...i can't tell you whether its better than the 931BW, but i can tell you that you won't be disapointed with the LG197WH. OO, and by the way.. the stand is so convenient because its fully adjustable, which may not be an issue for you, but for me, helps alot.

There's really very little i can say that's bad about this monitor. Except for maybe the price, little expensive, depending where you're from. I bought mine for 239 (euros).

Anyways, hope this helps. enjoy

dariop77

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
Thanks Hadji!
So...the choice is done. I will buy the LG 197Wh too, because (except for your previous post.....) this monitor really like to me and it's the only one that I know with that speciications, espcecially the 5000:1 contrast it's amazing!
So, thanks and enjoy your LCD!