Set Program access and defaults

Where is Set Program access and defults located?

I did a system restore 3 times, on one
occasion I named the computor ***HP. I noticed this name appearing in the
virus scan in "documënts and settings" and deleted it.

Thanks

John

I am assuming you want to change the associations to certain types of files.
As an example you might want to change the default program to open MP3 files
from Itunes to Media Player. If this is the case you would do the
following...

1. Open any folder on your computer.
2. Click on "tools" at the top of the folder and then click on "folder
options."
3. In the "folder options" window click on the tab that says "file types."
4. Scroll through the list and find the file type in question.
5. Highlight the file type and click the "change" button.
6. On the next window that pops up select the program in question.

If this is not what you are looking for please let us know. Good luck!

"John H" wrote:

> Where is Set Program access and defults located?
>
> I did a system restore 3 times, on one
> occasion I named the computor ***HP. I noticed this name appearing in the
> virus scan in "documënts and settings" and deleted it.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Oops, I read your question much too quickly and realized that what I posted
was completely different from what you are asking.

Let us try this again! When you first install Windows you are asked to name
the computer and enter stuff like an organization name. These items will
show up throughout the computer and can be changed with the following method.

As described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q295017/

• Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
• Click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Performance and
Maintenance, and then click System.
• In the Startup and Recovery section, click the Settings button.