Video Problem - Combat FS and Zoo Tycoon 2

Tags:
  • Video
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 13, 2005 3:37:28 PM

Greetings group. I recently was given a couple of MS game titles (not
much of a gamer historically) and am experiencing a video problem with
both of them. Upon starting either app, the entire video image for the
game shifts noticeably left in my monitor, so much that there's a small
band of black on the right and a small portion of the left side image
'shifted' right off the screen. I'm guessing that it's a setting or a
deficiency with my somewhat dated system, but I was hoping for some
expert opinion on where to look for the specific problem.

My system is a Dell Optiplex GX110, P3 850 chip, Phoenix ROM Bios PLUS
v1.10 A05, 512mb RAM, XP Pro, ATI Radeon 7000 (64mb) Card w/ latest
drivers, DirectX 9.0c.

Rick

More about : video problem combat zoo tycoon

Anonymous
August 14, 2005 3:39:20 AM

Rick wrote:
> Greetings group. I recently was given a couple of MS game titles (not
> much of a gamer historically) and am experiencing a video problem with
> both of them. Upon starting either app, the entire video image for the
> game shifts noticeably left in my monitor, so much that there's a small
> band of black on the right and a small portion of the left side image
> 'shifted' right off the screen. I'm guessing that it's a setting or a
> deficiency with my somewhat dated system, but I was hoping for some
> expert opinion on where to look for the specific problem.
>
> My system is a Dell Optiplex GX110, P3 850 chip, Phoenix ROM Bios PLUS
> v1.10 A05, 512mb RAM, XP Pro, ATI Radeon 7000 (64mb) Card w/ latest
> drivers, DirectX 9.0c.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Rick

Possibly a different vertical sync rate at the resolution the games run
at. Try to determine what resolution the games are operating at. At
least temporariliy set your desktop to that resolution and use the
adjustments for your Windows video/monitor properties to adjust the
screen size and alignment.

As an alternative you could set the resolution in the games to match
your Windows desktop's resolution.
!