A Headset suggestion and should i get either a Creative Gigaworks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeTaL_Rip

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
Please recommend me a very good headset which should not be usb. I recently bought a Creative Elite Pro sound card and since i did, i never used it. So, please suggest a headset that would work on this sound card. I will be using the headset heavily for music, music monitoring and gaming. So, basically i need a very good, all rounder headset. I've tried a lot of headsets by now like Creative fatility gaming headset, Logitech Precision gaming, a4tech HD800 etc etc and what I felt about them was that, they all are 'crap', except for the A4tech HD800 which was pretty much OK, but its USB and so I can't use it on my sound card.

Next thing, I want to get a speaker system for my PC now. I have in my mind Creative Gigaworks 750 7.1 and Logitech Z5500. Which of these would be better (for music and gaming of course).

For a headset, look at the Sennheiser PC350 if you can afford it. Sennheiser is known for their high quality headphones and microphones.

As for the speaker system, between those, I would get the logitech.

uncle_ben

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2005
Z5500 is okay for gaming and movies but for music it lacks mid range IMO. S750 would be a better option.

As for headset I used PC150 and they were okay but too small ear-cups. Keep that aspect in mind when choosing one. Sennheiser is generally okay but it is hyped more than it is worth. There are less known brands that give better audio quality, check out head-fi.org but make sure you are ready to spend more.

Status
Not open for further replies.