Inherited Permissions

I was trying to restric the access of the power users to certain folders and
I deleted the groups and users by mistake that could have access. I add the
administrator group to get access to the drive and folders, but windows
doesn't propagate the permissions to the subfolders and files. Windows let me
do it folder by folder, and file by file, but it will take forever taking
into consideration that that partition of the drive has 40GB of informations
and houndreds of folders and subfolders. Does some body know the way to
propagate the permissions to all the subfolders and files????
1 answer Last reply
More about inherited permissions

    "" wrote:
    > I was trying to restric the access of the power users to
    > certain folders and
    > I deleted the groups and users by mistake that could have
    > access. I add the
    > administrator group to get access to the drive and folders,
    > but windows
    > doesn't propagate the permissions to the subfolders and files.
    > Windows let me
    > do it folder by folder, and file by file, but it will take
    > forever taking
    > into consideration that that partition of the drive has 40GB
    > of informations
    > and houndreds of folders and subfolders. Does some body know
    > the way to
    > propagate the permissions to all the subfolders and files????

    well, you just clikc advanced, and use the "replace permisons on
    subfolders... bla bla" option.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Inherited-Permissions-ftopict396920.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1308981

Permissions Microsoft Windows XP