Local Disk Management Status Failed!!

game24

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Hello everyone, I am a new comer.

I searched the forum and had seen a similar thread , but lost track of it and so i decided to post a new thread.

My problem is this-

My Laptop hard disk of 500gb shows missing in the Local Disk Management & the status indicates FAILED.

It so happened that by mistake I formatted a drive (H: ) using a program WintoFlash. & the problem was i had ran the program from the H: drive itself. So i ended up formatting the H: half way & the laptop restarted. Since then it didnt load the OS.

I finally decided to remove the hard disk from the laptop & hook it to a spare computer which i already have . (500gb & Windows 7 installed)

I checked My Computer & the drives didnt show up. So i checked the Local Disk Management & found a cross mark on my hard disk. & it showed missing. & status as Failed.

This is how it looks:

ldmq.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-19

Is there anyway i can get my data back? Please help me out.
I just hope there is a way :'(

Thanking everyone

ELMO_2006

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012

Hello and welcome...

A dynamic disk may become Missing when it is corrupted, powered down, or disconnected.

The only concern at this point is the availability of the data and how important is that data. Before performing anything you may want to boot the system via a Linux CD/DVD or or using Knoppix (if it's still around) and then try to gain access to the data.
If you are willing to do so, please follow the steps below to reactivate the Dynamic disk.

To reactivate a dynamic disk by using the Windows interface In Disk Management, right-click the disk marked Missing or Offline.

Click Reactivate Disk. The disk should be marked Online after the disk is reactivated.

game24

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012

I tried reactivating it from the Windows Interface in Disk management, but no avail.
Yes i want to retrieve a part of my data. I had in total 6 drives. & i want to retrieve data from 2drives which come to around 30gb.

& it shows as an entire hard disk. It doesnt show any partitions. So it shows somewhat like 456gb total, & 331gb free. What can i do via Linux?? Can u throw in some more insight please. :(

sorry for bothering with my lame questions :(

game24

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Hey ELMO_2006, tried linux today. But I still couldn't see any drives.

More details-

I tried using GetbackNTFS & GetbackFAT. But was not satisfied.
I also used testdisk. Recovered few files. But the problem is there are over 600+folders as recovery & having 500+files in each folder. Plus the name of each file has changed. So facing a lot of problem.

Any more suggestions??

Looking forward to you.. Thanks..

game24

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
This is how it looks:

Also I can't see any partitons. Because all the partitions have merged into one. So there are no more 6 drives. But just one drive :(