Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballwizzx

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
Hey guys, Im looking to improve my sound all the way around my computer. I have

Logitech z-5500 speakers (pretty awesome) I am running them thru direct connection. It has functions for optical and coax. I honestly i have no idea what those are, maybe if i use one of those it will improve my sound?

I am running stock sound built in to my MOBO (Nvidia 680I Sli)

so maybe if i get a new audio card and or switch to optical or coax my sound will improve??

Thanks guys

If your mobo has an optical connector, you could try using that. Depending on the exact parts, the D to A converter in the speakers could be better than the one in your mobo, resulting in improved sound.

malveaux

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Heya,

First of all, those speakers are just entry level "high" def. They're just a little computer speaker setup. If you want really high quality audio, you need to step up from the computer-made stuff and get real home theater speakers with real ampage. And to fuel them, get a soundcard that actually has quality to it. The things they build into motherboards are really horrible, but simply convenient. Check out the Auzentech Prelude. Get a dolby ready home theater system and hook these two together. It's not the highest end possible, but it'll be damn nice.

Very best,

True, but they're darn good for the price. I have my computer hooked to 2 sets of speakers - a pair of Klipsch Promedia 2.1's for use as just standard computer speakers (mostly for games), and a pair of B&W 685's with an SVS PC-Plus 16-46 through a Denon 2808 (hooked up to my comp through optical on an x-fi) for movies and music, but that setup cost probably 6 to 8 times what a Z-5500 goes for, and it isn't even surround. Is it better quality? Heck yes, but that doesn't mean that most people would want to spend the money on a true high end setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.