The spelling check facility on Windows XPHome (new PC, loaded June 05)
doesn't work and comes up with the message "an error occurred whilke the
spelling was being checked". It also come up wit the message "The spell
check on this document was halted. Do you wish to continue anyway?" when
Send is selected.

Any ideas?

Jol Wilkinson

Asked and answered in the OE6 newsgroup.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)

"JOLYON WILKINSON" <jol.wilkinson@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> The spelling check facility on Windows XPHome (new PC, loaded June 05)
> doesn't work and comes up with the message "an error occurred whilke the
> spelling was being checked". It also come up wit the message "The spell
> check on this document was halted. Do you wish to continue anyway?" when
> Send is selected.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jol Wilkinson

Hi

Please try the Outlook Express News Group:

or
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"JOLYON WILKINSON" <jol.wilkinson@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> The spelling check facility on Windows XPHome (new PC, loaded June 05)
> doesn't work and comes up with the message "an error occurred whilke the
> spelling was being checked". It also come up wit the message "The spell
> check on this document was halted. Do you wish to continue anyway?" when
> Send is selected.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jol Wilkinson

Alias

OE doesn't have a spell checker. It uses Word or Works and you have to have
them installed for OE to check spelling.

--
Alias

"JOLYON WILKINSON" wrote
> The spelling check facility on Windows XPHome (new PC, loaded June 05)
> doesn't work and comes up with the message "an error occurred whilke the
> spelling was being checked". It also come up wit the message "The spell
> check on this document was halted. Do you wish to continue anyway?" when
> Send is selected.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jol Wilkinson

I'm using OE6 and have Word 97 installed.

Jol

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> OE doesn't have a spell checker. It uses Word or Works and you have to
> have them installed for OE to check spelling.
>
> --
> Alias
>
> Use the Reply to Sender feature of your news reader program to email me.
> Utiliza Responder al Remitente para mandarme un mail.
>
> "JOLYON WILKINSON" wrote
>> The spelling check facility on Windows XPHome (new PC, loaded June 05)
>> doesn't work and comes up with the message "an error occurred whilke the
>> spelling was being checked". It also come up wit the message "The spell
>> check on this document was halted. Do you wish to continue anyway?" when
>> Send is selected.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Jol Wilkinson

Spelling checker does not run on message in Outlook Express 5
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

JOLYON WILKINSON wrote:
> The spelling check facility on Windows XPHome (new PC, loaded June 05)
> doesn't work and comes up with the message "an error occurred whilke the
> spelling was being checked". It also come up wit the message "The spell
> check on this document was halted. Do you wish to continue anyway?" when
> Send is selected.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jol Wilkinson

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257643

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

JOLYON WILKINSON wrote:

> I'm using OE6 and have Word 97 installed.
>
> Jol
>
> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>
>>OE doesn't have a spell checker. It uses Word or Works and you have to
>>have them installed for OE to check spelling.
>>
>>--
>>Alias
>>
>>Use the Reply to Sender feature of your news reader program to email me.
>>Utiliza Responder al Remitente para mandarme un mail.
>>
>>"JOLYON WILKINSON" wrote
>>
>>>The spelling check facility on Windows XPHome (new PC, loaded June 05)
>>>doesn't work and comes up with the message "an error occurred whilke the
>>>spelling was being checked". It also come up wit the message "The spell
>>>check on this document was halted. Do you wish to continue anyway?" when
>>>Send is selected.
>>>
>>>Any ideas?
>>>
>>>Jol Wilkinson

kelly

Hi Jol,

Automated Edit:

Fix the OE Spell Checker (Line 263)

Manual Edit:

Go to Start/Run/EXPAND X:\i386\CSAPI3T1.DL_ C:\CSAPI3T1.DLL (Where X is your
CD-Rom drive letter). And then copy it to: Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof

Or download the file here: Replace the Csapi3t1.dll file
http://www.tech-pro.co.uk/howto_010.html

An error occurred while the spelling was being checked.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q224176

Checkpoint: Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools

In the right pane where it reads: SharedFilesDir, verify that it reads:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared under Data.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"JOLYON WILKINSON" <jol.wilkinson@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> The spelling check facility on Windows XPHome (new PC, loaded June 05)
> doesn't work and comes up with the message "an error occurred whilke the
> spelling was being checked". It also come up wit the message "The spell
> check on this document was halted. Do you wish to continue anyway?" when
> Send is selected.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jol Wilkinson

kelly

It wasn't cross posted, Bruce.

--

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
> Asked and answered in the OE6 newsgroup.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
> ~IB-CA~
>
> "JOLYON WILKINSON" <jol.wilkinson@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> The spelling check facility on Windows XPHome (new PC, loaded June 05)
>> doesn't work and comes up with the message "an error occurred whilke the
>> spelling was being checked". It also come up wit the message "The spell
>> check on this document was halted. Do you wish to continue anyway?" when
>> Send is selected.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Jol Wilkinson

Correct. It was posted *separately*. A bigger no-no. <wink>
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)

> It wasn't cross posted, Bruce.
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>> Asked and answered in the OE6 newsgroup.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>> ~IB-CA~
>>
>> "JOLYON WILKINSON" <jol.wilkinson@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>> The spelling check facility on Windows XPHome (new PC, loaded June 05)
>>> doesn't work and comes up with the message "an error occurred whilke the
>>> spelling was being checked". It also come up wit the message "The spell
>>> check on this document was halted. Do you wish to continue anyway?" when
>>> Send is selected.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Jol Wilkinson

NB: Some users will need to have a copy of CSAPI3T1.DLL in the OE program
folder (e.g., %windir%\Program Files\Outlook Express), too.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Kelly wrote:
> Hi Jol,
>
> Automated Edit:
>
> Fix the OE Spell Checker (Line 263)
>
> Manual Edit:
>
> Go to Start/Run/EXPAND X:\i386\CSAPI3T1.DL_ C:\CSAPI3T1.DLL (Where X is
> your
> CD-Rom drive letter). And then copy it to: Program Files\Common
> Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof
>
> Or download the file here: Replace the Csapi3t1.dll file
> http://www.tech-pro.co.uk/howto_010.html
>
> An error occurred while the spelling was being checked.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q224176
>
> Checkpoint: Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools
>
> In the right pane where it reads: SharedFilesDir, verify that it reads:
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared under Data.
>

> "JOLYON WILKINSON" <jol.wilkinson@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> The spelling check facility on Windows XPHome (new PC, loaded June 05)
>> doesn't work and comes up with the message "an error occurred whilke the
>> spelling was being checked". It also come up wit the message "The spell
>> check on this document was halted. Do you wish to continue anyway?" when
>> Send is selected.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Jol Wilkinson

kelly

But we wouldn't have know that..... :eek:)