remove standby button from shutdown menu

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Shutdown
  • Windows XP
July 17, 2005 4:46:44 PM

Hi,

i'm wondering if there is a way to complete remove the standby button from
the shutdown menu...
i looked around and found, on Kelly's great site, a script to disable
standby but then it still shows the button...
googling around i read there is no way to actually remove the button...
is this correct ? does anyone know of a way to remove it ?

tia
Johan, the Netherlands

More about : remove standby button shutdown menu

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 8:57:03 PM

Why do you want to remove it?
See the discussion here:-
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winme/t1024908651

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Johan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm wondering if there is a way to complete remove the standby button from
> the shutdown menu...
> i looked around and found, on Kelly's great site, a script to disable
> standby but then it still shows the button...
> googling around i read there is no way to actually remove the button...
> is this correct ? does anyone know of a way to remove it ?
>
> tia
> Johan, the Netherlands

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 8:57:04 PM

thanks for the reply .. i'll check it out ..

i want to remove it as it is on one of the computers on my LAN the kids use
.... despite me saying not to use it , the little one ( 4 years old )
sometimes uses it and it gives big time errors when used ... so i hoped
there was an easy way to remove the button... if it turns out the cure is
worse then the desease then i'll find a way around the problem ;-)

"S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
> Why do you want to remove it?
> See the discussion here:-
> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winme/t1024908651
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>

> Johan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i'm wondering if there is a way to complete remove the standby button
>> from the shutdown menu...
>> i looked around and found, on Kelly's great site, a script to disable
>> standby but then it still shows the button...
>> googling around i read there is no way to actually remove the button...
>> is this correct ? does anyone know of a way to remove it ?
>>
>> tia
>> Johan, the Netherlands
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 8:57:05 PM

"Johan" <no_contact@here.it> wrote in message
> thanks for the reply .. i'll check it out ..
>
> i want to remove it as it is on one of the computers on my LAN the kids
> use ... despite me saying not to use it , the little one ( 4 years old )
> sometimes uses it and it gives big time errors when used ... so i hoped
> there was an easy way to remove the button... if it turns out the cure
> is worse then the desease then i'll find a way around the problem ;-)

Why not tell him that you are the only person to close the computer? I
actually leave mine on all the time, although you may not want to do that.

Rob Graham
!