Sony 16X DVD and Plextor PX-716A slow

Dredd

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2002
I just bought these two drives and they are working slowly together when I try to copy CDs/DVDs. It seems the Plextor starts to speed up, but the read buffer keeps going down in the middle of the burn and it has to stop and fill the buffer again before continuing. I don't know if it's because the Sony can't feed it fast enough or what. I'm using Nero.

I have both drives on the same IDE channel, which I know may be causing this, but this didn't happen before with my old DVD-ROM and Plextor CDRW working together. My motherboard is an Abit BF6 (1.4GHz Tualatin CPU), so it's only ATA33.

On the same note, why won't Nero let me make backup copies of my DVD movies? I try to burn them and it says "this DVD is copyrighted and cannot be copied". I'm thinking, well duh it's copyrighted, but so were my music CDs and it didn't stop me from copying them. Any way to get around this?

Dredd

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
First, check to see if both of your drive are DMA enabled, or try not to use 'copy on the fly'.
Download DVDDecrypter, Smartripper or DVDShrink (google them)

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.