Help with system restore

Linder

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2005

I have alot of problems with my PC and want to run system restore which I
have done in the past. I'm running Windows XP and the system says that there
are no restore points although it's switched on and should be generated by
the system automatically every 24 hrs. Can anyone help?
--
Linder

Hi Linder,

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.

Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter.
Click on System in the left pane.
Click the gray title "Source" at the top of the source name column in
the right pane to sort by source name, look for "sr" and "srservice".
Double click on each of these events, then click on the button below
the two arrows in the upper right corner. This will copy the event
information to the clipboard. Paste the information for each of the
two event here. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
System Restore Failures to restore:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html
System Restore fails to create an automatic restore point:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srauto.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Linder wrote:
> I have alot of problems with my PC and want to run system
> restore which I have done in the past. I'm running
> Windows XP and the system says that there are no restore
> points although it's switched on and should be generated
> by the system automatically every 24 hrs. Can anyone
> help?

System Restore "restore points" are missing or deleted
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301224

System Restore Tool Displays a Blank Calendar in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313853

How to troubleshoot the System Restore tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302796

regards,
ssg MS-MVP