HELP!!! TV App, No Sound, AIW 9800 Pro

RAW

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
My Asus A7N8X-E Dlx mobo has no problems digitizing the Line In and sending it out the SPDIF output. When, however, I invoke the ATI TV application, it kill Line In sound. Exit the app, and it comes back.

When the ATI TV app has blocked the sound, however, I've noticed that pressing the app's "skip back" button (which basically lets you "rewind" the live feed), the sound then comes through but it sounds terrible...like its clipped.

Why is the ATI app doing this?

pat

Expert
ATI TV is very basic.. I got a M-audio revolution 7.1 and had problems to have the sound to capture in TV. It looks like ATI use special trick to get the sound in. Then I try to use the onboard sound to capture and the sound card to output it with the digital out of the Revo. No go. Capture drivers need the sound line-in to be on the same card that the out.

I bought Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card to see it I cant trick something. ATI had problems with Audigy sound card in the past, as they dont have normal line-in for Input, as my Revo has, but they trick their drivers to have the Audigy to work. So line-in was working that way it was supposed but I lost the digital output. So, I finnaly get rid of ATI stuff, put my revo back and use my onboard to capture and listening to with headphone. What I will try to do is a mixer that will mix my output from my onboard sound to the one from my sound card, so that both output will use the same set of speakers.

I think that it is the same problems that happend with your on-board sound. It dont process the line-in as standard line-in, but the IN sound is sent thru a mixer on the sound processor. It is hard to explain, but check www.rage3d.com. In the forum section, you'll find a thread about the multimedia side on ATI card, and find some help there.

I dont really need TV, only the composite vido-in to capture some taped home movies to have them edited and put back on DVD, so my set-up is good enough for me.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

lb19984

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2003
hey Raw
I didnt read what pat said
Butt here how to fix it
go to the properties-and redo the utillization wizzard
then change the line in so7urce tad in or line in
one of those play arround dont remember which one

<A HREF="http://www.freewebs.com/lb19984/" target="_new">My Rig</A>