HP "Share-to-Web Upload folder" uninstallable ? / Relation..

a b α HP
July 17, 2005 3:36:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

I have a folderr on my desktop called "Share-to-web upload folder".
I assume this folder was created by some installation of my HP Precisionscan scanner software.

However I never needed or used this folder in the past.
Can I uninstall this folder without negative impact on my scanner software?

In other words: Is this folder independent from HP Precisionscan software?

Frank
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 17, 2005 3:36:10 PM

Frank,
I deleted mine without any problems. Just remember you won't be able to
"share to the web," from inside the HP scanning application.
If you just try to delete the icon and get the message that you can
uninstall it, that would be the tip off. Just cancel the action and go
to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. Uninstall HP Share to the Web.
If not, delete the icon, leave it in the recycle bin, re-boot the
computer, and run your HP applications, if no problem you can empty the
recycle bin. If you run into problems you can restore from the Recycle
bin.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

a b α HP
July 17, 2005 4:01:27 PM

Yes you can remove it. It is only a shortcut.

"Frank Callone" <inn200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a folderr on my desktop called "Share-to-web upload folder".
> I assume this folder was created by some installation of my HP
> Precisionscan scanner software.
>
> However I never needed or used this folder in the past.
> Can I uninstall this folder without negative impact on my scanner
> software?
>
> In other words: Is this folder independent from HP Precisionscan software?
>
> Frank

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 17, 2005 5:25:07 PM

"Frank Callone" <inn200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a folderr on my desktop called "Share-to-web upload folder".
> I assume this folder was created by some installation of my HP
> Precisionscan scanner software.
>
> However I never needed or used this folder in the past.
> Can I uninstall this folder without negative impact on my scanner
> software?
>
> In other words: Is this folder independent from HP Precisionscan software?
>
> Frank

If you are using Windows, Delete it by putting it into Recycle Bin. If you
find that you need it back, double click Recyle Bin and restore the folder.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

CSM1 wrote:

> "Frank Callone" <inn200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a folderr on my desktop called "Share-to-web upload folder".
>> I assume this folder was created by some installation of my HP
>> Precisionscan scanner software.
>>
>> However I never needed or used this folder in the past.
>> Can I uninstall this folder without negative impact on my scanner
>> software?
>>
>> In other words: Is this folder independent from HP Precisionscan
>> software?
>>
>> Frank
>>
> If you are using Windows, Delete it by putting it into Recycle Bin. If
> you find that you need it back, double click Recyle Bin and restore
> the folder.

Actually, you can't remove this icon with any of the normal methods.
Thanks, HP! You will need to go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall
the Share-To-Web software.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

you can hide the icon from the desktop using the xp powertoys tweak UI,
there is a desktop setting there for the icons

--
Kenfucious said:

Michael Jackson has been vindicated.

The truth is one, you must accept it. Reality is not a point of view, since
if everything was a point a view, then the theory that everything is a point
of view, is just a point a view and not something real.
"Frank Callone" <inn200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a folderr on my desktop called "Share-to-web upload folder".
> I assume this folder was created by some installation of my HP
> Precisionscan scanner software.
>
> However I never needed or used this folder in the past.
> Can I uninstall this folder without negative impact on my scanner
> software?
>
> In other words: Is this folder independent from HP Precisionscan software?
>
> Frank

July 17, 2005 8:03:49 PM

its not only a shortcut

--

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> Yes you can remove it. It is only a shortcut.

> "Frank Callone" <inn200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a folderr on my desktop called "Share-to-web upload folder".
>> I assume this folder was created by some installation of my HP
>> Precisionscan scanner software.
>>
>> However I never needed or used this folder in the past.
>> Can I uninstall this folder without negative impact on my scanner
>> software?
>>
>> In other words: Is this folder independent from HP Precisionscan
>> software?
>>
>> Frank

July 17, 2005 11:11:50 PM

yes, but in some versions of the HP software that is not possible, thus the
only way is the way I posted.

--

"Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
> CSM1 wrote:
>
>> "Frank Callone" <inn200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a folderr on my desktop called "Share-to-web upload folder".
>>> I assume this folder was created by some installation of my HP
>>> Precisionscan scanner software.
>>>
>>> However I never needed or used this folder in the past.
>>> Can I uninstall this folder without negative impact on my scanner
>>> software?
>>>
>>> In other words: Is this folder independent from HP Precisionscan
>>> software?
>>>
>>> Frank
>>>
>> If you are using Windows, Delete it by putting it into Recycle Bin. If
>> you find that you need it back, double click Recyle Bin and restore
>> the folder.
>>
> Actually, you can't remove this icon with any of the normal methods.
> Thanks, HP! You will need to go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall
> the Share-To-Web software.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"
July 17, 2005 11:11:51 PM

Kenny wrote:

> yes, but in some versions of the HP software that is not possible,
> thus the only way is the way I posted.

Thanks for that information, then. I haven't run into that case, but I
certainly wouldn't put anything past HP when it comes to being
invasive.

Malke
--
!