HP "Share-to-Web Upload folder" uninstallable ? / Relation..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

I have a folderr on my desktop called "Share-to-web upload folder".
I assume this folder was created by some installation of my HP Precisionscan scanner software.

However I never needed or used this folder in the past.
Can I uninstall this folder without negative impact on my scanner software?

In other words: Is this folder independent from HP Precisionscan software?

Frank
8 answers Last reply
More about share upload folder uninstallable relation

    Frank,
    I deleted mine without any problems. Just remember you won't be able to
    "share to the web," from inside the HP scanning application.
    If you just try to delete the icon and get the message that you can
    uninstall it, that would be the tip off. Just cancel the action and go
    to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. Uninstall HP Share to the Web.
    If not, delete the icon, leave it in the recycle bin, re-boot the
    computer, and run your HP applications, if no problem you can empty the
    recycle bin. If you run into problems you can restore from the Recycle
    bin.
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    Yes you can remove it. It is only a shortcut.

    "Frank Callone" <inn200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a folderr on my desktop called "Share-to-web upload folder".
    > I assume this folder was created by some installation of my HP
    > Precisionscan scanner software.
    >
    > However I never needed or used this folder in the past.
    > Can I uninstall this folder without negative impact on my scanner
    > software?
    >
    > In other words: Is this folder independent from HP Precisionscan software?
    >
    > Frank

    "Frank Callone" <inn200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a folderr on my desktop called "Share-to-web upload folder".
    > I assume this folder was created by some installation of my HP
    > Precisionscan scanner software.
    >
    > However I never needed or used this folder in the past.
    > Can I uninstall this folder without negative impact on my scanner
    > software?
    >
    > In other words: Is this folder independent from HP Precisionscan software?
    >
    > Frank

    If you are using Windows, Delete it by putting it into Recycle Bin. If you
    find that you need it back, double click Recyle Bin and restore the folder.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    CSM1 wrote:

    > "Frank Callone" <inn200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I have a folderr on my desktop called "Share-to-web upload folder".
    >> I assume this folder was created by some installation of my HP
    >> Precisionscan scanner software.
    >>
    >> However I never needed or used this folder in the past.
    >> Can I uninstall this folder without negative impact on my scanner
    >> software?
    >>
    >> In other words: Is this folder independent from HP Precisionscan
    >> software?
    >>
    >> Frank
    >>
    > If you are using Windows, Delete it by putting it into Recycle Bin. If
    > you find that you need it back, double click Recyle Bin and restore
    > the folder.

    Actually, you can't remove this icon with any of the normal methods.
    Thanks, HP! You will need to go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall
    the Share-To-Web software.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    you can hide the icon from the desktop using the xp powertoys tweak UI,
    there is a desktop setting there for the icons

    --
    Kenfucious said:

    Michael Jackson has been vindicated.

    The truth is one, you must accept it. Reality is not a point of view, since
    if everything was a point a view, then the theory that everything is a point
    of view, is just a point a view and not something real.
    "Frank Callone" <inn200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a folderr on my desktop called "Share-to-web upload folder".
    > I assume this folder was created by some installation of my HP
    > Precisionscan scanner software.
    >
    > However I never needed or used this folder in the past.
    > Can I uninstall this folder without negative impact on my scanner
    > software?
    >
    > In other words: Is this folder independent from HP Precisionscan software?
    >
    > Frank

    its not only a shortcut

    --

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > Yes you can remove it. It is only a shortcut.

    > "Frank Callone" <inn200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I have a folderr on my desktop called "Share-to-web upload folder".
    >> I assume this folder was created by some installation of my HP
    >> Precisionscan scanner software.
    >>
    >> However I never needed or used this folder in the past.
    >> Can I uninstall this folder without negative impact on my scanner
    >> software?
    >>
    >> In other words: Is this folder independent from HP Precisionscan
    >> software?
    >>
    >> Frank

    yes, but in some versions of the HP software that is not possible, thus the
    only way is the way I posted.

    --

    Kenny wrote:

    > yes, but in some versions of the HP software that is not possible,
    > thus the only way is the way I posted.

    Thanks for that information, then. I haven't run into that case, but I
    certainly wouldn't put anything past HP when it comes to being
    invasive.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic"

Software Hewlett Packard Microsoft Scanners Windows XP