Help Ram Issues and finding drives

Collier2010

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
I was recently running windows vista 32bit but i have recently updated to a windows 7 32 bit with 2.00gb of memory (RAM) i updated my ram to 4.00gb (RAM) however its saying only 3.25 usable, then i found out it is more than likley because you are running windows 7 32bit upgrade to windows 7 64 bit so i upgraded to 64bit and its still the same also my windows 7 rating has went down from 7.1 to 5.7 even though i have exactly the same (RAM) installed. I have discovered that it could either be that my bios needs flashed, i know its not this cause i spoke to my computer manufacturer and they said there isint a flash driver for that system cause it was made to run a 32 bit operating system however he also said that it is possible though to run a 64 bit operating system by using/installing generic drivers if you need help finding the generic drives phone the premium rate number @ £1.50 a minute well hes got 2 hopes in that bob hope and no hope, and bob hopes dead! considering i was on hold to him for 15 minutes. I basically need to learn where to find these drives what are the main drives i need to find. My system specs are

The detected result of Windows 7 Manager - System Information v1.1 (Hardware)

Basic Hardware information

Motherboard: T9609

Basic I/O System(BIOS): Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Central Processing Unit(CPU): Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Physical Memory X 3

1GB

2GB

1GB

Hard Disk: Hitachi HDT725032VLA360 ATA Device (298.09GB)

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Audio Device X 2

ATI High Definition Audio Device

High Definition Audio Device

Network Adapter

Local Area Connection - Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection (Connected)

Keyboard: Standard PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse: USB Input Device

Hardware Score (Base score: 5.7)

Processor (Calculations per second): 7.1

Memory (Memory Operation per second): 5.9

Graphics (Desktop performance for Windows Aero): 6.7

Gaming graphics (3D business and gaming graphics performance): 6.7

Primary hard disk (Disk data transfer rate): 5.7

please ask if you need any other information on my pc if it will help you find a solution Thanks

Collier2010

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

I have a 1 GB radeon HD 4670

Collier2010

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

so why does it do that mate? is there away of over coming it? i went on crucial.com and they scanned my computer and said i could install up to 8gb of ram i have 4 slots 2x1gb and 1x2gb and one slot free

well without the PAE being activated there is a limit to how much RAM your mobo can see, and therefore how much windows can see, I think it corresponds to the same 32bit limit. So enabling it may get your full4Gb visible to windows. Its a bios setting by the way