Status
Not open for further replies.

wjhanson

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
System is HP XW4200 workstation with XP. I have Norton SystemWorks. When I do a scan now it takes several hours and checks over 500,000 files. How can I see the list of these files to delete? There has to be a lot of unnecessary/duplicate files there as I don't keep a lot of info on the computer. Internet temp files are regularly deleted. I run adaware, diskeeper and c cleaner along with norton as well. Never find any viruses but need to do a mass deletion. Thanks

Solution
first uninstall all the software that you don't use then use windows disk cleaner it will find most of the duplicates and useless files then run a disk defreg on the drive and you will be all good all the 3rd party software are useless except few like hijack this and stuff that really use there own API's to do some thing hoe this helps.

alighouston

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
first uninstall all the software that you don't use then use windows disk cleaner it will find most of the duplicates and useless files then run a disk defreg on the drive and you will be all good all the 3rd party software are useless except few like hijack this and stuff that really use there own API's to do some thing hoe this helps.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.