SP2 removal.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I tried posting about my SP2 and FS 2004 problem on avsim, and all I get is
"SP2 security will not allow posts...cookie error" I never had any headaches
with XP, FS2004, or any internet applications before SP2

How do I remove SP2...this was not a downloaded update, this came as part of
the new installation CD.
31 answers Last reply
More about removal
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    SP2 cannot be removed if its already integrated into your Windows XP CD.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Erv" wrote:

    | I tried posting about my SP2 and FS 2004 problem on avsim, and all I get is
    | "SP2 security will not allow posts...cookie error" I never had any headaches
    | with XP, FS2004, or any internet applications before SP2
    |
    | How do I remove SP2...this was not a downloaded update, this came as part of
    | the new installation CD.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Great....So, no more flightsim, or anything....why did I even bother.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > SP2 cannot be removed if its already integrated into your Windows XP CD.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups
    >
    > Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx
    >
    > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    > "Erv" wrote:
    >
    > | I tried posting about my SP2 and FS 2004 problem on avsim, and all I get is
    > | "SP2 security will not allow posts...cookie error" I never had any headaches
    > | with XP, FS2004, or any internet applications before SP2
    > |
    > | How do I remove SP2...this was not a downloaded update, this came as part of
    > | the new installation CD.
    >
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Erv wrote:
    > I tried posting about my SP2 and FS 2004 problem on avsim, and all I
    > get is "SP2 security will not allow posts...cookie error" I never had
    > any headaches with XP, FS2004, or any internet applications before SP2
    >
    > How do I remove SP2...this was not a downloaded update, this came as
    > part of the new installation CD.

    Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
    > SP2 cannot be removed if its already integrated into your Windows XP
    > CD.

    Erv wrote:
    > Great....So, no more flightsim, or anything....why did I even bother.

    Bother doing what? It sounds like something is wrong with your
    installation.. If you performed a fresh installation of Windows XP - which
    is what is inferred - did you then go through and update all drivers and
    such from the hardware manufacturers?

    Did you download and install all patches after SP2 from
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/?

    Did you check here for troubleshooting the FS2004 issues?
    http://support.microsoft.com/flightsim2004faq

    Did you try setting up Outlook Express to view and post to the newsgroups
    instead of the Web Interface?

    Did you try modifying the security settings for Windows XP and/or Internet
    Explorer?

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP
    --
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "Erv" <Erv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:116EE806-0A47-4D04-A0F6-8CD121E0DA63@microsoft.com...
    >I tried posting about my SP2 and FS 2004 problem on avsim, and all I get is
    > "SP2 security will not allow posts...cookie error" I never had any
    > headaches
    > with XP, FS2004, or any internet applications before SP2
    >
    > How do I remove SP2...this was not a downloaded update, this came as part
    > of
    > the new installation CD.

    You don't. Nor should you. SP2 is an upgrade to an operating system that
    works quite well in every machine it is put on that did NOT have problems
    before it was installed. So, my suggestions are to lose the CDO method you
    are using to post here, and use a real newsreader, then post your error
    message(s) and get whatever is wrong fixed.
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I second that, SP2 is must and is not the root of the problem.

    I have a question that is a little off topic. What is the problem with the
    CDO method of posting? Why do people have a problem with users posting this
    way? Someone who I guess was about 12 in Canada left a belligerant comment
    on my website because I posted my replies using CDO. I use web interfaces
    for as many apps as I can. Also how can you tell that I am using the web
    interface?

    --
    http://www.americantechie.com


    "Jone Doe" wrote:

    >
    > "Erv" <Erv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:116EE806-0A47-4D04-A0F6-8CD121E0DA63@microsoft.com...
    > >I tried posting about my SP2 and FS 2004 problem on avsim, and all I get is
    > > "SP2 security will not allow posts...cookie error" I never had any
    > > headaches
    > > with XP, FS2004, or any internet applications before SP2
    > >
    > > How do I remove SP2...this was not a downloaded update, this came as part
    > > of
    > > the new installation CD.
    >
    > You don't. Nor should you. SP2 is an upgrade to an operating system that
    > works quite well in every machine it is put on that did NOT have problems
    > before it was installed. So, my suggestions are to lose the CDO method you
    > are using to post here, and use a real newsreader, then post your error
    > message(s) and get whatever is wrong fixed.
    >
    >
    >
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    We can tell from your header properties:

    X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000

    If you post using OE, we can tell if you have all relevant updates to your
    computer. An up-to-date XP would show:

    X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2670

    Which we cannot see if you post through the Web Interface. Makes things much
    easier for us, and the poster.
    --
    Bruce Hagen
    MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
    ~IB-CA~

    "AmericanTechie" <AmericanTechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:355192D8-157C-4806-9A79-8CA1CA8D1F2F@microsoft.com...
    >I second that, SP2 is must and is not the root of the problem.
    >
    > I have a question that is a little off topic. What is the problem with
    > the
    > CDO method of posting? Why do people have a problem with users posting
    > this
    > way? Someone who I guess was about 12 in Canada left a belligerant
    > comment
    > on my website because I posted my replies using CDO. I use web interfaces
    > for as many apps as I can. Also how can you tell that I am using the web
    > interface?
    >
    > --
    > http://www.americantechie.com
    >
    >
    > "Jone Doe" wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> "Erv" <Erv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> news:116EE806-0A47-4D04-A0F6-8CD121E0DA63@microsoft.com...
    >> >I tried posting about my SP2 and FS 2004 problem on avsim, and all I get
    >> >is
    >> > "SP2 security will not allow posts...cookie error" I never had any
    >> > headaches
    >> > with XP, FS2004, or any internet applications before SP2
    >> >
    >> > How do I remove SP2...this was not a downloaded update, this came as
    >> > part
    >> > of
    >> > the new installation CD.
    >>
    >> You don't. Nor should you. SP2 is an upgrade to an operating system
    >> that
    >> works quite well in every machine it is put on that did NOT have problems
    >> before it was installed. So, my suggestions are to lose the CDO method
    >> you
    >> are using to post here, and use a real newsreader, then post your error
    >> message(s) and get whatever is wrong fixed.
    >>
    >>
    >>
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Shenan,
    You expected two MS products to work out of the gate! (grin)
    There is always away around a problem, just Google;
    Windows XP Professional SP1- Full Version
    * Microsoft Holographic Windows XP Professional CD
    * Comes with Microsoft owners manual
    * Comes with Certificate of Authenticity (COA) $91.00
    Format & install.
    Cheers,
    Treeman


    --
    Treeman


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
    View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870907206
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In news:355192D8-157C-4806-9A79-8CA1CA8D1F2F@microsoft.com,
    AmericanTechie <AmericanTechie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > I second that, SP2 is must and is not the root of the problem.
    >
    > I have a question that is a little off topic. What is the
    > problem
    > with the CDO method of posting? Why do people have a problem
    > with
    > users posting this way?


    Speaking for myself, I don't have a problem with your
    participating in the newsgroup any way you want to. But as far as
    I'm concerned, it's the slowest, clunkiest, most error-prone
    method there is, and you handicap yourself by doing so. Do
    yourself a favor and switch to a newsreader, such as Outlook
    Express, which comes with Windows.
    See http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm

    Many people who use CDO have trouble finding replies to their
    messages. It's slow because it gets messages one at a time,
    instead of all at once the way a newsreader would. It doesn't
    have the filtering, organizing, and spell-checking facilities
    that a newsreader has.


    > Someone who I guess was about 12 in Canada
    > left a belligerant comment on my website because I posted my
    > replies
    > using CDO. I use web interfaces for as many apps as I can.


    Your choice of course, but I strongly recommend that you try a
    newsreader instead. It will make your life much easier.


    > Also how
    > can you tell that I am using the web interface?


    It's in the header of your message: X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO
    for Windows 2000

    --
    Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
    Please reply to the newsgroup
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Try these newsgroups as well:
    microsoft.public.simulators
    microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    http://www.dts-l.org


    "Erv" <Erv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:116EE806-0A47-4D04-A0F6-8CD121E0DA63@microsoft.com...
    >I tried posting about my SP2 and FS 2004 problem on avsim, and all I get is
    > "SP2 security will not allow posts...cookie error" I never had any
    > headaches
    > with XP, FS2004, or any internet applications before SP2
    >
    > How do I remove SP2...this was not a downloaded update, this came as part
    > of
    > the new installation CD.
  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Ken thanks for taking the time on your great reply. That is all that I was
    asking for. This is a valuable opinion from someone who has obviously earned
    the right of Microsoft MVP as opposed to newsgroup troll trash.

    What makes the internet great is the converstations that this great
    invention enables. Those conversations break down when you become offensive.
    Kurt, I checked out your website and read your blog. You seem like a great
    guy, I just wish we could tone down our little spat and have a reasonable
    discussion on this.

    Maybe we could post our opinions on our blogs and discuss this in comments.
    In any case I will go ahead and apologize for hijacking this thread and for
    my ranting. I was angry that someone attacked me and posted profanities on
    my website over such a silly thing and almost immediately after I got more
    grief in this thread. That does not make for a friendly support environment.

    As a side note Kurt you are right. I have not participated in many public
    newsgroups because when I was doing support we used the internal MS Knowledge
    Base which is a gold mine of information. If you could not find an answer
    there, good luck. Also about the time that I started doing support we had
    Google groups to help us out. When Google newsgroup search hit the scenes we
    had a great way of searching newsgroups without having to subscribe to them.
    This is what got me started on using a web interface to access news groups.
    I have also been using web based clients for email for as long as I have been
    using email. IMO web based interfaces are the future and I use them whenever
    possible. I would even go further to say that I would like to see the day
    where my computer can be a thin client to an online subscription based OS.

    I will go ahead and setup my access to the newsgroup in OE. Thanks again
    for the great reply Ken.

    -- http://www.americantechie.com


    "Ken Blake" wrote:

    > In news:355192D8-157C-4806-9A79-8CA1CA8D1F2F@microsoft.com,
    > AmericanTechie <AmericanTechie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    >
    > > I second that, SP2 is must and is not the root of the problem.
    > >
    > > I have a question that is a little off topic. What is the
    > > problem
    > > with the CDO method of posting? Why do people have a problem
    > > with
    > > users posting this way?
    >
    >
    > Speaking for myself, I don't have a problem with your
    > participating in the newsgroup any way you want to. But as far as
    > I'm concerned, it's the slowest, clunkiest, most error-prone
    > method there is, and you handicap yourself by doing so. Do
    > yourself a favor and switch to a newsreader, such as Outlook
    > Express, which comes with Windows.
    > See http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
    >
    > Many people who use CDO have trouble finding replies to their
    > messages. It's slow because it gets messages one at a time,
    > instead of all at once the way a newsreader would. It doesn't
    > have the filtering, organizing, and spell-checking facilities
    > that a newsreader has.
    >
    >
    > > Someone who I guess was about 12 in Canada
    > > left a belligerant comment on my website because I posted my
    > > replies
    > > using CDO. I use web interfaces for as many apps as I can.
    >
    >
    > Your choice of course, but I strongly recommend that you try a
    > newsreader instead. It will make your life much easier.
    >
    >
    > > Also how
    > > can you tell that I am using the web interface?
    >
    >
    > It's in the header of your message: X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO
    > for Windows 2000
    >
    > --
    > Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
    > Please reply to the newsgroup
    >
    >
    >
  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I suppose this also means you guys frown against subscribing and
    posting to this group via Google Groups... :(
  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    What warranty would that be?

    The question of Firefox and Thunderbird is a totally different
    discussion. Both are not as popular as IE so maybe this does put me
    out of step with the civilized world. Is there anything wrong with
    that? Microsoft adopts much technology and features that are offered
    by competitors. We need those competitors to keep Microsoft from
    getting too comfortable.

    Maybe when IE 7 ships I will go back. Until then I am more comfortable
    with a browser that adheres much better to web standards, has tabbed
    browsing, and is much more resistant to to spyware. Honestly the only
    one that I really care about of the above is tabbed browsing.
  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Thank you for your contribution and I agree with you totally. Everyone
    has a different way of doing things and different opinions. I was met
    with a bit of belligerence for my own way of doing things. All I did
    was post a couple of answers to some questions and then someone posted
    a buch of profanities in my comments on my website. I then nicely
    asked why people are against posting the web interface and someone
    replied that I was stupid for using it. When I protested this horrible
    response I was then told to deal with it or leave. Yes, I was quite
    impressed by this great community.
  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    All you can do is attack me with trash liners. I see you cannot be
    reasoned with and you cannot form a coherent argument. You are like
    the snotty 8 year old that can only hurl insults and comebacks. I am
    wondering if you are really a person and not some joke machine. I
    swear I could create a bot that could come up with as good responses.
  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In news:7C6CC437-976C-4F03-8A44-17EE89D293A0@microsoft.com,
    AmericanTechie <AmericanTechie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > Ken thanks for taking the time on your great reply. That is
    > all that
    > I was asking for. This is a valuable opinion from someone who
    > has
    > obviously earned the right of Microsoft MVP as opposed to
    > newsgroup
    > troll trash.


    You're welcome. Glad to help.

    --
    Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
    Please reply to the newsgroup
  16. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In news:1121632050.708119.64100@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
    americantechie <john.fuller@gmail.com> typed:

    > I suppose this also means you guys frown against subscribing
    > and
    > posting to this group via Google Groups... :(


    Once again, I think you should do whatever you want. I'll be
    happy to give you my opinion and advice, but the choice of what
    to do is yours, not mine.

    Googlegroups is a great resource for searching newsgroups for
    information; I use it all the time for that. It's a much poorer
    choice for *participating* in newsgroups, since any web-based
    tool essentially suffers from the same weaknesses (the ones I
    mentioned in my earlier reply about CDO) as compared to a
    newsreader.


    --
    Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
    Please reply to the newsgroup
  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In news:1121633469.997329.112640@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
    americantechie <john.fuller@gmail.com> typed:

    > Thank you for your contribution and I agree with you totally.
    > Everyone has a different way of doing things and different
    > opinions.
    > I was met with a bit of belligerence for my own way of doing
    > things.
    > All I did was post a couple of answers to some questions and
    > then
    > someone posted a buch of profanities in my comments on my
    > website. I
    > then nicely asked why people are against posting the web
    > interface
    > and someone replied that I was stupid for using it. When I
    > protested
    > this horrible response I was then told to deal with it or
    > leave.
    > Yes, I was quite impressed by this great community.


    I'll echo what Shenan said: although this is a community of
    sorts, it's not a community in the sense of being a uniform group
    of people with identical manners, interests, knowledge, skills,
    etc. We are all individuals, and as different from each other as
    those in almost any group of similar size. On any given day,
    there are several hundred people posting here, and they range
    from extremely polite to extremely rude, from extremely
    knowledgeable to having no idea what they are taking about, from
    extremely literate to extremely illiterate. It's the nature of
    virtually all newsgroups--not all replies to your questions will
    always be helpful.

    Among the many reasons for preferring a newsreader to using the
    CDO interface is that it lets you easily killfile those people
    who are rude or useless, so you don't have to see their messages
    in the future.

    --
    Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
    Please reply to the newsgroup
  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In news:1121633076.945968.303220@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
    americantechie <john.fuller@gmail.com> typed:

    > What warranty would that be?
    >
    > The question of Firefox and Thunderbird is a totally different
    > discussion. Both are not as popular as IE so maybe this does
    > put me
    > out of step with the civilized world. Is there anything wrong
    > with
    > that? Microsoft adopts much technology and features that are
    > offered
    > by competitors. We need those competitors to keep Microsoft
    > from
    > getting too comfortable.
    >
    > Maybe when IE 7 ships I will go back. Until then I am more
    > comfortable with a browser that adheres much better to web
    > standards,
    > has tabbed browsing, and is much more resistant to to spyware.
    > Honestly the only one that I really care about of the above is
    > tabbed
    > browsing.


    You might be interested in trying Maxthon, which is an IE shell,
    and offers tabbed browsing along with many other excellent
    features. I had tried Firefox and wasn't overly impressed with
    it, but I've been using Maxthon for the last month or two and
    like it a lot. www.maxthon.com.

    --
    Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
    Please reply to the newsgroup
  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Nice, thanks for the link! I will check that out. I also hear there
    is an MSN toolbar that adds tabbed browsing as well.
  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In news:1121636036.097809.247090@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com,
    americantechie <john.fuller@gmail.com> typed:

    > Nice, thanks for the link! I will check that out. I also hear
    > there
    > is an MSN toolbar that adds tabbed browsing as well.


    Was that a reply to my message? If so, you're welcome, but please
    quote enough of the message you're replying to to put your reply
    into context. Otherwise, the many of us here who don't save
    already-read messages have no idea what or to whom you're
    replying.


    --
    Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
    Please reply to the newsgroup
  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    AmericanTechie wrote:
    > This is exactly what I am talking about. This newsgroup has really
    > taken a turn for the worse. Are you the same person who posted that
    > rude comment on my website? Why do you even bother posting here if
    > you can't be decent. Nobody wants to hear what you have to say if you
    > are going to be rude. In that case you are just wasting your time.
    >
    > I use web interfaces for as many apps as I possibly can. I also
    > extensively use online subscription based software for my business.
    > If I must use desktop apps then I don't generally use Microsoft
    > products. I use Firefox as a browser and if I must use an
    > email/newsgroup client I use Thunderbird. The only reason I even use
    > Windows and post to this newsgroup is because I did tech support for
    > XP for three years and want to keep up with it.

    You use web-based tools whenever you can. You use Firefox and Thunderbird.
    Did it ever occur to you that you may be the one that's out of step with the
    civilized world?

    You are simply ASKING that your warranty be voided.
  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "americantechie" <john.fuller@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1121632050.708119.64100@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >I suppose this also means you guys frown against subscribing and
    > posting to this group via Google Groups... :(
    >

    Is there some reason you came into our house and put your feet up on the
    coffee table?
  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    americantechie wrote:
    > I suppose this also means you guys frown against subscribing and
    > posting to this group via Google Groups... :(

    Try not to group anyone in these newsgroups into a pile. Their opinions and
    experiences are as diverse as your own. Where some are bothered by posting
    through the Web Interface - some are not. Where some are concerned with
    cross-posting versus multi-posting, others are not. Where some are
    vehemently against top-posting, many are as passionate about bottom posting.

    All the people on these newsgroups can do are give you their facts for or
    against something as obscure as those topics.. Their experiences which may
    (or may not) have led them to a conclusion. What you do with those opinions
    and facts should be done in the same way their experiences led them to their
    conclusions - on your own and what is best for you.

    Now - that cannot always be said for some of the actual technical advice
    given out - although there is almost always 2+ ways to do anything when it
    comes to computing. hah

    Do what makes you happy and makes your life bearable. Form your own
    opinions on the Web Interface and Google Groups and so on. I prefer a few
    different newsreaders and personally do not like the Web Interface as it
    just doesn't give me the control I want. But for someone posting a couple
    of questions and waiting for an answer or two - they did not likely start
    with the question of "How do I get this setup in my newsreader?" since they
    might not even know what that is yet. heh

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP
    --
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "americantechie" <john.fuller@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1121633469.997329.112640@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > Thank you for your contribution and I agree with you totally. Everyone
    > has a different way of doing things and different opinions. I was met
    > with a bit of belligerence for my own way of doing things. All I did
    > was post a couple of answers to some questions and then someone posted
    > a buch of profanities in my comments on my website. I then nicely
    > asked why people are against posting the web interface and someone
    > replied that I was stupid for using it. When I protested this horrible
    > response I was then told to deal with it or leave. Yes, I was quite
    > impressed by this great community.
    >
    and you are still here? Let me know if you plan to stay so I can add you to
    the kill file.
  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "americantechie" <john.fuller@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1121634048.486947.4640@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > All you can do is attack me with trash liners. I see you cannot be
    > reasoned with and you cannot form a coherent argument. You are like
    > the snotty 8 year old that can only hurl insults and comebacks. I am
    > wondering if you are really a person and not some joke machine. I
    > swear I could create a bot that could come up with as good responses.
    >
    *plonk*
  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    oh, one last thing, since you have posted your *real* email address, the
    bots have harvested it by now, and you should have lots of spam to spend
    your valuable time on from here on out.

    "americantechie" <john.fuller@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1121634048.486947.4640@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > All you can do is attack me with trash liners. I see you cannot be
    > reasoned with and you cannot form a coherent argument. You are like
    > the snotty 8 year old that can only hurl insults and comebacks. I am
    > wondering if you are really a person and not some joke machine. I
    > swear I could create a bot that could come up with as good responses.
    >
  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    What is this? The Jone Doe and Kurt show? You guys make a great team. I
    have noticed that nobody with an MVP title has joined your circus. I guess
    all I am doing is creating troll food. If nothing else at least I have
    identified who the trolls are.

    The spam bots can have that address... that is what I set it up for.

    --
    http://www.americantechie.com


    "Jone Doe" wrote:

    > oh, one last thing, since you have posted your *real* email address, the
    > bots have harvested it by now, and you should have lots of spam to spend
    > your valuable time on from here on out.
    >
    > "americantechie" <john.fuller@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:1121634048.486947.4640@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > > All you can do is attack me with trash liners. I see you cannot be
    > > reasoned with and you cannot form a coherent argument. You are like
    > > the snotty 8 year old that can only hurl insults and comebacks. I am
    > > wondering if you are really a person and not some joke machine. I
    > > swear I could create a bot that could come up with as good responses.
    > >
    >
    >
    >
  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    americantechie wrote:
    > All you can do is attack me with trash liners.

    You feel attacked?

    I've been rather gentle with you. You must have an over-developed
    persecution complex.

    > I see you cannot be
    > reasoned with

    Not by an irrational whiner.

    > and you cannot form a coherent argument.

    Am I arguing? About what? I'm just pointing out your problems, and
    they seem to be growing exponentially.

    > You are like
    > the snotty 8 year old that can only hurl insults and comebacks.

    What else is there to respond to you?

    Oh, I know, have you figured out to fix your Flight Sim problem yet?
    PMSL!

    > I am
    > wondering if you are really a person and not some joke machine.

    Keeping wondering

    > I
    > swear I could create a bot that could come up with as good responses.

    You have yet to come up with a good response to me. What makes you
    think you could develop a response-bot? Now you are delusional, on top
    of all your other problems.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  29. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    AmericanTechie wrote:
    > What is this? The Jone Doe and Kurt show?

    No, it is the USENET.

    > You guys make a great
    > team. I have noticed that nobody with an MVP title has joined your
    > circus.

    LOL! A lot of them fall for you CDO trolls.

    > I guess all I am doing is creating troll food. If nothing
    > else at least I have identified who the trolls are.

    Yeah, take a stroll to your closest mirror.

    > The spam bots can have that address... that is what I set it up for.

    Well, you should be getting alot of it then.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  30. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    First lesson in Usenet... don't feed the trolls. I have been looking
    through the posts and I see there are quite a bit of you. I thought you
    guys put me on the ignore list.

    On the plus side I did finally setup OE to use this newsgroup. Maybe now I
    won't get so much flak.

    Thanks for playing!

    "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in message
    news:OqUDe$xiFHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > AmericanTechie wrote:
    >> What is this? The Jone Doe and Kurt show?
    >
    > No, it is the USENET.
    >
    >> You guys make a great
    >> team. I have noticed that nobody with an MVP title has joined your
    >> circus.
    >
    > LOL! A lot of them fall for you CDO trolls.
    >
    >> I guess all I am doing is creating troll food. If nothing
    >> else at least I have identified who the trolls are.
    >
    > Yeah, take a stroll to your closest mirror.
    >
    >> The spam bots can have that address... that is what I set it up for.
    >
    > Well, you should be getting alot of it then.
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
    >
  31. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Americantechie wrote:
    > "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    > message news:OqUDe$xiFHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    >> AmericanTechie wrote:
    >>> What is this? The Jone Doe and Kurt show?
    >>
    >> No, it is the USENET.
    >>
    >>> You guys make a great
    >>> team. I have noticed that nobody with an MVP title has joined your
    >>> circus.
    >>
    >> LOL! A lot of them fall for you CDO trolls.
    >>
    >>> I guess all I am doing is creating troll food. If nothing
    >>> else at least I have identified who the trolls are.
    >>
    >> Yeah, take a stroll to your closest mirror.
    >>
    >>> The spam bots can have that address... that is what I set it up for.
    >>
    >> Well, you should be getting alot of it then.
    >
    > First lesson in Usenet... don't feed the trolls.

    But saying that actually feeds the trolls, as it shows that you are
    affected by them.

    Don't want to "feed the trolls," just ignore them. Any response at all
    is feeding them.

    There will be a pop-quiz tomorrow to see if you have understood your
    first lesson about the USENET.

    > I have been looking
    > through the posts and I see there are quite a bit of you. I thought
    > you guys put me on the ignore list.

    Huh? I don't run away from anyone. I believe in confronting trolls
    like you, and exposing your inadequacies.

    > On the plus side I did finally setup OE to use this newsgroup. Maybe
    > now I won't get so much flak.

    Now all you have to worry about is your whiny personality.

    > Thanks for playing!

    No, that was your own hand in your lap.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Ask a new question

Read More

Internet Applications Windows XP