dvd disc not seen in My Computer

Hi All
In My Computer the DVD Drive (D) is shown but continually asks for the Disc
to be inserted, even though there is a disc in the drive.
I have removed and reinstalled the drive and downloaded "Interactual"
software.
The activity light remains on and static and the cursor changes to a disc on
insertion.
Using Win XP SP2
DVD is "Atatpi DVD ROM Star 2000
Can anyone please help
Thanks in advance
Teriel9
3 answers Last reply
More about disc computer

    "Teriel9" <terry@teriel-consultants.co.uk> wrote:

    >In My Computer the DVD Drive (D) is shown but continually asks for the Disc
    >to be inserted, even though there is a disc in the drive.

    See "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
    Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233

    Hi Thorsten,
    Many thanks for your help.
    I have looked at the page you suggested but unfortunately it does not cover
    the message "Put a disc in Drive D".
    I do not receive an error message only an instruction to insert a disc.
    Do you have any other ideas please.
    Thanks again
    Teriel9

    "Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > "Teriel9" <terry@teriel-consultants.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>In My Computer the DVD Drive (D) is shown but continually asks for the
    >>Disc
    >>to be inserted, even though there is a disc in the drive.
    >
    > See "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
    > Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).
    >
    > --
    > (tm)
    > ICQ: 192649233

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:28:25 +0100, "Teriel9"
    <terry@teriel-consultants.co.uk> wrote:

    >Hi All
    >In My Computer the DVD Drive (D) is shown but continually asks for the Disc
    >to be inserted, even though there is a disc in the drive.
    >I have removed and reinstalled the drive and downloaded "Interactual"
    >software.
    >The activity light remains on and static and the cursor changes to a disc on
    >insertion.
    >Using Win XP SP2
    >DVD is "Atatpi DVD ROM Star 2000
    >Can anyone please help
    >Thanks in advance
    >Teriel9

    Do you get the same error for both CD and DVD's?? I recently had a DVD
    drive that all of a sudden stopped seeing CD's, but could read DVD's
    just fine. I contacted customer support, did some testing based on
    their instructions, and they replaced the drive as defective. The new
    drive works perfectly.

    Sam
    --
    "We have met the enemy, and he is us" --Pogo (1970)

Computers DVD Drives Windows XP