dvd disc not seen in My Computer

July 17, 2005 8:28:25 PM

Hi All
In My Computer the DVD Drive (D) is shown but continually asks for the Disc
to be inserted, even though there is a disc in the drive.
I have removed and reinstalled the drive and downloaded "Interactual"
software.
The activity light remains on and static and the cursor changes to a disc on
insertion.
Using Win XP SP2
DVD is "Atatpi DVD ROM Star 2000
Can anyone please help
Thanks in advance
Teriel9

More about : dvd disc computer

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:18:39 PM

"Teriel9" <terry@teriel-consultants.co.uk> wrote:

>In My Computer the DVD Drive (D) is shown but continually asks for the Disc
>to be inserted, even though there is a disc in the drive.

See "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233

Hi Thorsten,
Many thanks for your help.
I have looked at the page you suggested but unfortunately it does not cover
the message "Put a disc in Drive D".
I do not receive an error message only an instruction to insert a disc.
Do you have any other ideas please.
Thanks again
Teriel9

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Teriel9" <terry@teriel-consultants.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>In My Computer the DVD Drive (D) is shown but continually asks for the
>>Disc
>>to be inserted, even though there is a disc in the drive.
>
> See "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
> Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).
>
> --
> (tm)
> ICQ: 192649233
July 20, 2005 4:31:59 PM

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:28:25 +0100, "Teriel9"
<terry@teriel-consultants.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi All
>In My Computer the DVD Drive (D) is shown but continually asks for the Disc
>to be inserted, even though there is a disc in the drive.
>I have removed and reinstalled the drive and downloaded "Interactual"
>software.
>The activity light remains on and static and the cursor changes to a disc on
>insertion.
>Using Win XP SP2
>DVD is "Atatpi DVD ROM Star 2000
>Can anyone please help
>Thanks in advance
>Teriel9

Do you get the same error for both CD and DVD's?? I recently had a DVD
drive that all of a sudden stopped seeing CD's, but could read DVD's
just fine. I contacted customer support, did some testing based on
their instructions, and they replaced the drive as defective. The new
drive works perfectly.

Sam
--
"We have met the enemy, and he is us" --Pogo (1970)
!