Every time I sign on, a cmd.exe box appears and turns off my computer. The
tag line that appears in the box is:
C:\Document and Settings\Ricky L Shell\ -t oo -s -f

This happens even when I sign on as Guest. I have not installed any new
programs. I've ran scandisk, disk defragment, checked for viruses, cleaned
out my computer, and even did a system restore. I have XP Home Edition SP2.
Can anyone help me?

Malke

Non-Reboot Reboot wrote:

> Every time I sign on, a cmd.exe box appears and turns off my computer.
> The tag line that appears in the box is:
> C:\Document and Settings\Ricky L Shell\ -t oo -s -f
>
> This happens even when I sign on as Guest. I have not installed any
> new programs. I've ran scandisk, disk defragment, checked for viruses,
> cleaned
> out my computer, and even did a system restore. I have XP Home
> Edition SP2. Can anyone help me?

Do some clean-boot troubleshooting to determine what is starting with
your computer:

Clean Boot - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=310353
and How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell