Simms2 installation

I have a new computer and am trying to load Simms 2 for my son
Is their a setting that stops me from loading the serial number as it will
not let me past this point.
Same problem with Harry Potter Quiddick World Cup
(The game works fine on a friends computer)

Hi Andy,

It's pequliar that those games are all giving you problems right at
the point where you have to enter the CD Key. Please ensure
that you're using an administrators account, and that your keyboard
is functioning properly. If it's a laptop, use the laptop's keyboard.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Andy McQ" <Andy McQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5FF1B46-C00B-472D-9F95-3E915CF502AC@microsoft.com...
|I have a new computer and am trying to load Simms 2 for my son
| Is their a setting that stops me from loading the serial number as it will
| not let me past this point.
| Same problem with Harry Potter Quiddick World Cup
| (The game works fine on a friends computer)

I am using the admininstrator account and the keyboard seem to be working
fine for everything else

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> It's pequliar that those games are all giving you problems right at
> the point where you have to enter the CD Key. Please ensure
> that you're using an administrators account, and that your keyboard
> is functioning properly. If it's a laptop, use the laptop's keyboard.
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
>
> "Andy McQ" <Andy McQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5FF1B46-C00B-472D-9F95-3E915CF502AC@microsoft.com...
> |I have a new computer and am trying to load Simms 2 for my son
> | Is their a setting that stops me from loading the serial number as it will
> | not let me past this point.
> | Same problem with Harry Potter Quiddick World Cup
> | (The game works fine on a friends computer)

Hi Andy,

You might want to run a complete antivirus and antispyware
scan on your system, and then try installing those games again
using Safe Mode. It is quite baffling how you can install those
games on a friends system as a test but not on yours.