Event ID 1,000: Faulting Application eyewdm.exe

Event ID 1000 - Faulting application eyewdm.exe version 5.2.1.19 faulting module MSVCRT.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180 fault address 0x00037784

Hi- I have done a search for the above program file on my computer but cannot find it anywhere, nor in the registry search, yet is shows up in the Evenbt Viewer as an application causing a fault which stopped my digital camera from taking snapshots automatically while tethered to the pc.

Any explanation as to what this program could be?

www.londoncctv.com

eyewdm.exe is *not* an XP file.

A Google search for eyewdm.exe returns nothing. This either means that
eyewdm.exe is a typo or a virus or spyware.

Update your antivirus software and run a complete system scan.

Scan your machine for spyware.

HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302347

MSVCRT.dll is a module containing standard C library functions such as
printf, memcpy, and cos.

MSVCRT.dll = Windows NT CRT DLL

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:dbe0su$kii$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com,
Socrates <londonlinks-at-@post.com> hunted and pecked:

"Socrates" <londonlinks-at-@post.com> wrote in message
> Event ID 1000 - Faulting application eyewdm.exe version
> 5.2.1.19 faulting module MSVCRT.dll, version
> 7.0.2600.2180 fault address 0x00037784

Did the problem start after you upgraded to WinXp SP2? Perhaps your camera
software is dependant on an earlier version of the MSVCRT.dll. Google
suggests the version you have comes with SP2 but I might have that wrong.
Try updating the camera S/W from the makers website.