computer crashes

Hi,

I am a constant film editor and one thing i am having trouble with is the
way my computer slows down dramaticly when i am editing. I am using Adobe
Premier 6.5 and it seems to take over the whole system, i can't have any
other programes open or it will crash. Is there any way to stop this from
happening without getting a new computer.

Regards
Luke Westwood

www.westwoodvideos.com

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

Depending on what have have as a system you may need to increase your memory
--
Don Kendrick

"Westwood Videos" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a constant film editor and one thing i am having trouble with is the
> way my computer slows down dramaticly when i am editing. I am using Adobe
> Premier 6.5 and it seems to take over the whole system, i can't have any
> other programes open or it will crash. Is there any way to stop this from
> happening without getting a new computer.
>
> Regards
> Luke Westwood
>
> www.westwoodvideos.com

Malke

Westwood Videos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a constant film editor and one thing i am having trouble with is
> the way my computer slows down dramaticly when i am editing. I am
> using Adobe Premier 6.5 and it seems to take over the whole system, i
> can't have any other programes open or it will crash. Is there any way
> to stop this from happening without getting a new computer.

I'm sorry, but you haven't given us any information about your computer,
so we can't help you. It would seem that your computer is not powerful
enough to handle what you are doing, but without knowing the specs we
can't tell you if you'll need to buy a new computer or if you can just
upgrade the one you have.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

i think i just need to get more memory when i first got my pc it was fine but
over time it got worse , anyway thanks to those who replied