Hi all. We had MS Works Suite 2001 installed, and had created a Mail List
DB. However, we installed Office XP and removed Works Suite. Now we have the
"mail list.wdb" file, but can't use it. Is there a way to import the DB into
Excel...or even another prog? Or a way to convert the data? Without
re-installing MWS?
Thanks IA!

--
LMO
"If you always do what you always did,

Ask them in works.win or one of the excel groups.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"LMO" wrote:
| Hi all. We had MS Works Suite 2001 installed, and had created a Mail List
| DB. However, we installed Office XP and removed Works Suite. Now we have
the
| "mail list.wdb" file, but can't use it. Is there a way to import the DB
into
| Excel...or even another prog? Or a way to convert the data? Without
| re-installing MWS?
| Thanks IA!
|
| --
| LMO
| "If you always do what you always did,
| You'll always get what you always got."

"You can't import a Microsoft Works database (.wdb) directly into Microsoft
Access. You must first use Microsoft Works to save the file to one of the
file formats that Microsoft Access can import.

Open the database by using Microsoft Works.
On the File menu, click Save as.
In the Save as type box, select dBASE IV (*.dbf), and then click OK.
Import the dBASE IV .dbf file that you created in step 3 into Microsoft
Access."

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:3jvjdqFrgmaiU1@individual.net,
LMO <lmonospam@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi all. We had MS Works Suite 2001 installed, and had created a Mail List
> DB. However, we installed Office XP and removed Works Suite. Now we have
> the "mail list.wdb" file, but can't use it. Is there a way to import the
> DB into Excel...or even another prog? Or a way to convert the data?
> Without re-installing MWS?
> Thanks IA!
>
> --
> LMO
> "If you always do what you always did,
> You'll always get what you always got."

Okay, here's what I did. I re-installed MS Works Suite and opend the DB. I
then simply highlighted the entire DB, copied it, and pasted it into a blank
Excel worksheet and saved it. I then used GoBack and restored my system to
before I installed Works Suite, then restored the saved Excel DB, and Voila!
Many thanks.