Best digital camera for $200

Hello...I've just started learning photography....I'm looking to buy a good digital camera...my budget is $200... presently, which is the best digicam for that price?
7 answers Last reply
More about best digital camera
  1. Check Fuji as well A900 and A920.

I bought 2 Fujifilm A820 last Christmas for my daughter and my mother. I would have gotten the 570 is but at the time there were $40 more. With that savings I got 4 Gig SD Card and a Charger with Rechargeable Battery. I like the Fuji for its Intelligent Flash and ease of use. Which is very useful for me when I taking pictures with Flash Bulb? Greatly use when taking subjects with the nice background.

However Canon has better image quality and controls with Image Stabilizer.
  2. I am also looking for a new camera in the $200 - $300 range. I heard the Fujifilm digital cameras are very good for low light photography, as in less noise at high ISO speeds. Anyone know if this is true?
  3. Reighat said:
    I am also looking for a new camera in the $200 - $300 range. I heard the Fujifilm digital cameras are very good for low light photography, as in less noise at high ISO speeds. Anyone know if this is true?

Just read some reviews on dpreview and some other site, you'll get a better understanding than some here telling you if is true or not. because some are as not informed as the others.

Fuji's Super CCD is better than regular CCD + CMOS but the competation is getting better with their processing so is now it's a close call. Check any review on a particular camera if there's no review, look for a lower model and the replacement model then try them at the store my might get a defferent conclusion.
  4. $200

I stayed there a long time ago, had four different ones.

be sure its glass lense, if you understand cmos stuff, read up on interpolation. I have a 5 mega pixel blowing the doors off a ten.

that price range should have 3x optical minimum.

can't do much more, except nitpick over type of batteries, common aa, or proprietary up to you.

and do push the boundaries, look at nikons, pentax and the other legends of it,
    canon, many good.
    the tv makers in the cameras like samsung and sony I avoid...
    never tried panasonics still camera, I do have thier mpeg2 however, I do not see them as good still photo people either.

#1 vote from experience is nikon, even thier little cheap ones. pentax is close second..also pentax is one to sdell thier chips. some hp cameras had pentax. be smart look around at examples. Flickr is good.
  5. You should consider getting an entry level DSLR like one from the Canon Rebel line.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cameras Photo Peripherals