Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

can't install Norton Internet Security - ? XP problem

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
July 17, 2005 2:40:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Instalation of Norton Internet Security Anti Spyware 2005 failed.
Norton recommends:
clean out Temp file. - didn't help
check to see if Task Manager is working. - If I set Task Manager to start
Calculator (for example) on system start-up, then reboot, Task Manager says
Calculator is running, but it is not.

Do you think I am going to have to reinstall my operating system?
--
-desperately trying to keep a home network safe with two teenagers in the
house...
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 10:01:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

It's probably easier to get rid of the two teenagers!!

"Chas" <Chas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B78E0DCA-5893-42BE-8E2E-288237CE89E5@microsoft.com...
Instalation of Norton Internet Security Anti Spyware 2005 failed.
Norton recommends:
clean out Temp file. - didn't help
check to see if Task Manager is working. - If I set Task Manager to start
Calculator (for example) on system start-up, then reboot, Task Manager says
Calculator is running, but it is not.

Do you think I am going to have to reinstall my operating system?
--
-desperately trying to keep a home network safe with two teenagers in the
house...
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 10:05:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Chas <Chas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Instalation of Norton Internet Security Anti Spyware 2005 failed.

You've paid for the support also, so why don't you use it.
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/

> Do you think I am going to have to reinstall my operating system?

Nope. Do not install any Norton/Symantec software.

--
d-d
Related resources
July 18, 2005 5:33:14 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

>Nope. Do not install any Norton/Symantec software.

I agree totally Sir Detlev and have been doing so for years. However,
wasn't it you who gave me his life story links to reconsider my replies?
:o )


--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com



"Detlev Dreyer" <detdreyer@flashmail.com> wrote in message
news:3f67588e8d0144d60505f24313bc037c@d-d.mvps.org...
> Chas <Chas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> Instalation of Norton Internet Security Anti Spyware 2005 failed.
>
> You've paid for the support also, so why don't you use it.
> http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/
>
>> Do you think I am going to have to reinstall my operating system?
>
> Nope. Do not install any Norton/Symantec software.
>
> --
> d-d
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:20:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote:

>> Nope. Do not install any Norton/Symantec software.
>
> I agree totally Sir Detlev and have been doing so for years. However,
> wasn't it you who gave me his life story links to reconsider my
> replies? :o )

I see, you're referring to this thread in particular:
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=41E3C4CF.618508...

Yes, I gave you his life story links and no, you shouldn't reconsider
your replies. ;) 

XOXO,

--
d-d
July 20, 2005 3:09:14 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Wow, you are good, Sir Detlev! :o )
And ok, will stick to my norm.
But am just a bit curious as to why you have swayed.

XOXO
--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com



"Detlev Dreyer" <detdreyer@flashmail.com> wrote in message
news:42DB6662.3CB0877B@d-d.mvps.org...
> "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote:
>
>>> Nope. Do not install any Norton/Symantec software.
>>
>> I agree totally Sir Detlev and have been doing so for years. However,
>> wasn't it you who gave me his life story links to reconsider my
>> replies? :o )
>
> I see, you're referring to this thread in particular:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=41E3C4CF.618508...
>
> Yes, I gave you his life story links and no, you shouldn't reconsider
> your replies. ;) 
>
> XOXO,
>
> --
> d-d
!