"Enuff" software and WinXP

Fitz

I have a 13 yr old daughter who needs some "help" controlling the amount of
time she spends on her computer. Constant vigilance and the inevitable
battles are getting tiresome. I found a software program called Enuff that
will allow me to control usage, but I've only found one review on it ("it'll
do" was the synopsis). Is anyone using this program, and if so, have there
been any problems (Resource usage, crashes, etc), and has it been effective?
Also, I would take suggestions if anyone is using another program that has
worked.

Thanks,
Fitz

Outgoing mail scanned with AVG 7 and is virus free

PC TimeWatch
http://www.mainsoft.fr/en/pctwoverview.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Fitz wrote:
> I have a 13 yr old daughter who needs some "help" controlling the amount of
> time she spends on her computer. Constant vigilance and the inevitable
> battles are getting tiresome. I found a software program called Enuff that
> will allow me to control usage, but I've only found one review on it ("it'll
> do" was the synopsis). Is anyone using this program, and if so, have there
> been any problems (Resource usage, crashes, etc), and has it been effective?
> Also, I would take suggestions if anyone is using another program that has
> worked.
>
> Thanks,
> Fitz

For some requirements, you may find it easier to invest in a
3rd-party solution, such as NetNanny or CyberPatrol.

You need to be aware, however, that *NO* technical or software
solution is fool-proof, and _none_ can ever adequately take the place of
live adult supervision. If you cannot trust your children to
safely/properly use the computer without supervision, you may have to
consider limiting their access to it.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Fitz

I already have a monitoring program on the computer. I've not had a problem
with her visiting inappropriate websites. This is to be used as a tool to
help control the amount of time she spends on the internet playing online
games with her friends. I realize it's not a "launch and leave" proposition
to replace parenting, but it will reduce the number of times I have to get
up at 3 AM to say "turn it off".

Fitz