Autorun help!!!

July 17, 2005 3:29:11 PM

In Windows XP, when the user puts a non-bootable CD in the drive, a dialog
box opens with a list of actions that can be done (play with media player,
open folder to show files, no action e.t.c.)

However, when i insert a DVD video, the option "Play with power DVD" is not
in the list.

How i can add this option to the list, so everytime i insert a DVD video, it
will play with power DVD?

http://photos23.flickr.com/26588848_0f98f884e0_o.jpg

Thanks a lot in advance,
kurkosdr, from greece

P.S.: And why my friend's PC has this option?

More about : autorun

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 6:18:56 PM

1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center"
2. Type DVD in the search box, hit enter.
3. Click on "DVD Troubleshooter".
4. You probably need a new DVD decoder or reinstall the one you had.

DVD Support in Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/windowsxp...

DVD Decoders for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/windowsxp...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"kurkosdr" wrote:

| In Windows XP, when the user puts a non-bootable CD in the drive, a dialog
| box opens with a list of actions that can be done (play with media player,
| open folder to show files, no action e.t.c.)
|
| However, when i insert a DVD video, the option "Play with power DVD" is not
| in the list.
|
| How i can add this option to the list, so everytime i insert a DVD video, it
| will play with power DVD?
|
| http://photos23.flickr.com/26588848_0f98f884e0_o.jpg
|

| Thanks a lot in advance,
| kurkosdr, from greece
|
| P.S.: And why my friend's PC has this option?
July 17, 2005 10:45:48 PM

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:18:56 -0500, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"
<cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

>You probably need a new DVD decoder or reinstall the one you had.

Does that go for this similar problem?

I have a single optical drive that does CDR, CDRW, DVD+/-R & DVD+/-RW
which I am using the latest Nero Ultra Edition 6.6.x.x software with.
I have no problems reading, writing or rewriting CD’s or DVD’s using
any of the Nero utilities. When I load any CD or DVD of any format
that contains data of any format, I get a long list of options to
choose from including, but not limited to, all of my Nero utilities.
However, when I load a “Blank” CD or DVD I only get a list of two
options to use, 1. Open as a folder or 2. Do nothing.

As with XP’s “Send to” right click option which can be edited via the
“Sendto” folder and XP’s “Open With” right click option which has an
addition selection at the bottom that allows one to “Choose Program”
to add additional options to the list, can’t one edit, in any way, the
list of programs displayed in the drop down of selections offered when

Thanks in advance,
Ed
July 18, 2005 1:52:48 PM

How to add an AutoPlay Handler for an Event?:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/addautoplay.htm

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"kurkosdr" <kurkosdr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> In Windows XP, when the user puts a non-bootable CD in the drive, a dialog
> box opens with a list of actions that can be done (play with media player,
> open folder to show files, no action e.t.c.)
>
> However, when i insert a DVD video, the option "Play with power DVD" is
> not
> in the list.
>
> How i can add this option to the list, so everytime i insert a DVD video,
> it
> will play with power DVD?
>
> http://photos23.flickr.com/26588848_0f98f884e0_o.jpg
>

> Thanks a lot in advance,
> kurkosdr, from greece
>
> P.S.: And why my friend's PC has this option?
July 18, 2005 9:39:58 PM

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:52:48 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP"
<ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote:

>How to add an AutoPlay Handler for an Event?:
>http://windowsxp.mvps.org/addautoplay.htm

Great, that worked for me. Thanks much...

Regards,
Ed
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 2:18:09 PM