How to disassemble HP Photosmart 7550

uson1x

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Anybody knows how to do it?

I need to remove the upper panel, my cartrige craddle is stuck.

I removed the screws on the back of the printer, but i still can't remove the panel. It seems like there is something in the front part of the printer holding it, but i cant see what is this.

Thanks.

djperez

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
After removing the two screws in the back, remove the top portion of the paper tray (the part that has the photo tray). This can be done easily by simply pulling it back, away from the printer. Once you do this, look at the bottom middle of the paper tray area where you will find another screw. Remove the screw, then carefully pull out the plastic borders on the sides of the paper tray that stick out from the printer. Once you do this you can take out the remainder of the paper tray assembly without much effort.

Carefully remove the print cartridge door. This part snaps into the hinge, so be gentle.

Then you can go ahead and gently pull the top of the printer off from the back towards the front. On the front this part is held by plastic snaps. Try to wiggle a finger through the sides where the paper tray assembly used to be to massage the snaps. Gently continue to apply pressure from the back of the printer towards the front and the snaps will eventually give. There's no foolproof way to do this, just be careful and gentle.

Once you have unsnapped the top cover, DON'T just try to toss it aside. The cover is connected to the printer body by three ribbon cables. Lift the top cover a bit so that you can get a finger inside and gently disengage the cables by applying pressure from the back of the printer towards the front. After this, you can safely put the cover aside and get to work on whatever you need to do.

karlaudenaerde

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009

I did all this without breaking anything. When I put the cables back and switch the power on, I (of course) get the message "cartridge door open" and nothing further happens. Replacing the cartridge door has no effect. Thus there has to be a sensor somewhere. Do you know where it is, and how to fool it?

iatolla

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
What kind of screws are on the HP Photosmart 7550 to remove the cover. My cartrige craddle is stuck on the far left.

iatolla

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
I am having touble removing the screw in the paper tray of my HP Photosmart 7550. I don't know if it is stripped or not. Is this screw the same as the ones in the back? Any suggestions on removing it.