Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

cheapest way to buy xp os disk?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:47:20 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi,
Excluding Ebay .. ( I don't need the hassle of worrying about legalities)
where can I buy xp cheap cheap cheap
cheers
cw

More about : cheapest buy disk

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:47:21 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Check with a trusted local computer shop about their price on OEM Windows
XP.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"code_wrong" <tac@tac.ouch.co.uk> wrote in message
news:%23sQpRhwiFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> Excluding Ebay .. ( I don't need the hassle of worrying about legalities)
> where can I buy xp cheap cheap cheap
> cheers
> cw
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:47:21 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

code_wrong wrote:
> Excluding Ebay .. ( I don't need the hassle of worrying about
> legalities) where can I buy xp cheap cheap cheap

Buy an OEM copy from your favorite trusted computer retailer - that is *as
cheap* as you can get it beyond finding someone selling their old Retail
Copy of Windows XP discovered they had one-too-many copies.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Related resources
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:47:21 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"code_wrong" <tac@tac.ouch.co.uk> wrote in message
news:%23sQpRhwiFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> Excluding Ebay .. ( I don't need the hassle of worrying about legalities)
> where can I buy xp cheap cheap cheap
> cheers
> cw

Lookie Here...

http://www.edirectsoftware.com/WindowsXPP.html

Windows XP Professional (OEM) Full Install. I buy from these guys all the
time and have never had a problem.

Carl
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:47:21 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

code_wrong wrote:
> Excluding Ebay .. ( I don't need the hassle of worrying about
> legalities) where can I buy xp cheap cheap cheap

Let me add to my previous response with ways to help you look and such..

For Pricing/Opinions/Reviews on various products:
- http://www.pricewatch.com/
- http://www.dealsites.net/
- http://www.resellerratings.com/
- http://www.epinions.com/
- http://www.techbargains.com/
- http://www.edealinfo.com/
- http://www.fatwallet.com/
- http://www.couponfinders.com/

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:47:21 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

www.newegg.com

"code_wrong" wrote:

> Hi,
> Excluding Ebay .. ( I don't need the hassle of worrying about legalities)
> where can I buy xp cheap cheap cheap
> cheers
> cw
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:47:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"Vagabond Software" <vagabondsw-X-@-X-gmail.com> wrote in message
news:uFPA04wiFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl
> "code_wrong" <tac@tac.ouch.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:%23sQpRhwiFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>> Excluding Ebay .. ( I don't need the hassle of worrying about
>> legalities) where can I buy xp cheap cheap cheap
>> cheers
>> cw
>
> Lookie Here...
>
> http://www.edirectsoftware.com/WindowsXPP.html
>
> Windows XP Professional (OEM) Full Install. I buy from these guys
> all the time and have never had a problem.
>
> Carl

This is the OEM version and must be installed to a hard drive with no
operating system.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC
http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/defau...
http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com/
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 1:02:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"code_wrong" <tac@tac.ouch.co.uk> wrote in message
news:%23sQpRhwiFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> Excluding Ebay .. ( I don't need the hassle of worrying about legalities)
> where can I buy xp cheap cheap cheap
> cheers
> cw
>

Buy some pc equipment and get an oem version.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:34:24 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"Vagabond Software" <vagabondsw-X-@-X-gmail.com> wrote in message
news:uFPA04wiFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> "code_wrong" <tac@tac.ouch.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:%23sQpRhwiFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>> Excluding Ebay .. ( I don't need the hassle of worrying about legalities)
>> where can I buy xp cheap cheap cheap
>> cheers
>> cw
>
> Lookie Here...
>
> http://www.edirectsoftware.com/WindowsXPP.html
>
> Windows XP Professional (OEM) Full Install. I buy from these guys all the
> time and have never had a problem.
>

XP home $59.99 - that is cheap .. Unfortunately they have to add $30
delivery to the UK .. If I estimate £1 = $1.75 Then $89.99 = £51.42 .. That
is still cheap considering the best I have found in the UK so far is £88.07
+ £5 delivery ( www.tekgia.com )
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:37:31 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o aJr0UxiFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> "Vagabond Software" <vagabondsw-X-@-X-gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uFPA04wiFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl
>> "code_wrong" <tac@tac.ouch.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:%23sQpRhwiFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi,
>>> Excluding Ebay .. ( I don't need the hassle of worrying about
>>> legalities) where can I buy xp cheap cheap cheap
>>> cheers
>>> cw
>>
>> Lookie Here...
>>
>> http://www.edirectsoftware.com/WindowsXPP.html
>>
>> Windows XP Professional (OEM) Full Install. I buy from these guys
>> all the time and have never had a problem.
>>
>> Carl
>
> This is the OEM version and must be installed to a hard drive with no
> operating system.
>

This means losing all data .. but it will install to a formatted hard drive
right?
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:37:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"code_wrong" <tac@tac.ouch.co.uk> wrote in message
news:%23SrF2exiFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl
>
> This means losing all data .. but it will install to a formatted hard
> drive right?

Yes.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC
http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/defau...
http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com/
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:07:54 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"code_wrong" <tac@tac.ouch.co.uk> wrote in message
news:%23T5CHdxiFHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>
> "Vagabond Software" <vagabondsw-X-@-X-gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uFPA04wiFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> "code_wrong" <tac@tac.ouch.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:%23sQpRhwiFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi,
>>> Excluding Ebay .. ( I don't need the hassle of worrying about
>>> legalities)
>>> where can I buy xp cheap cheap cheap
>>> cheers
>>> cw
>>
>> Lookie Here...
>>
>> http://www.edirectsoftware.com/WindowsXPP.html
>>
>> Windows XP Professional (OEM) Full Install. I buy from these guys all
>> the time and have never had a problem.
>>
>
> XP home $59.99 - that is cheap .. Unfortunately they have to add $30
> delivery to the UK .. If I estimate £1 = $1.75 Then $89.99 = £51.42 ..
> That is still cheap considering the best I have found in the UK so far is
> £88.07 + £5 delivery ( www.tekgia.com )

scratch that .. so much for my internet search skills .. I subsequently
found
XP home oem for £63.39 + £5 delivery at www.microdirect.co.uk ..getting
better
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:48:36 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23nUbl%23xiFHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> code_wrong wrote:
>> Excluding Ebay .. ( I don't need the hassle of worrying about
>> legalities) where can I buy xp cheap cheap cheap
>
> Let me add to my previous response with ways to help you look and such..
>
> For Pricing/Opinions/Reviews on various products:
> - http://www.pricewatch.com/
> - http://www.dealsites.net/
> - http://www.resellerratings.com/
> - http://www.epinions.com/
> - http://www.techbargains.com/
> - http://www.edealinfo.com/
> - http://www.fatwallet.com/
> - http://www.couponfinders.com/
>

Thanks ..found this:
http://www.powerstartpc.com/scripts/details.asp?PRDCODE...

I know this is apre-installation kit .. which I understand to be the XP for
OEM ... But I can't figure out why thisis so cheap .. $3 ???? ... How do
Microsoft make their money again??
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:48:37 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

code_wrong wrote:
> Thanks ..found this:
> http://www.powerstartpc.com/scripts/details.asp?PRDCODE...
>
> I know this is apre-installation kit .. which I understand to be the
> XP for OEM ... But I can't figure out why thisis so cheap .. $3 ????
> ... How do Microsoft make their money again??

You misunderstand.. That is the Preinstallation Kit.. It contains tools that
can be freely downloaded by almost anyone anyway to make your unattended
installation of Windows XP more customizable.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:54:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"code_wrong" <tac@tac.ouch.co.uk> wrote in message
news:era%23jGyiFHA.3012@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>
> "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:%23nUbl%23xiFHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> code_wrong wrote:
>>> Excluding Ebay .. ( I don't need the hassle of worrying about
>>> legalities) where can I buy xp cheap cheap cheap
>>
>> Let me add to my previous response with ways to help you look and such..
>>
>> For Pricing/Opinions/Reviews on various products:
>> - http://www.pricewatch.com/
>> - http://www.dealsites.net/
>> - http://www.resellerratings.com/
>> - http://www.epinions.com/
>> - http://www.techbargains.com/
>> - http://www.edealinfo.com/
>> - http://www.fatwallet.com/
>> - http://www.couponfinders.com/
>>
>
> Thanks ..found this:
> http://www.powerstartpc.com/scripts/details.asp?PRDCODE...
>
> I know this is apre-installation kit .. which I understand to be the XP
> for OEM ... But I can't figure out why thisis so cheap .. $3 ???? ... How
> do Microsoft make their money again??

DOH! .. it's one of those days .. I suppose the above actually requires an
OEM XP OS to be installed first .. well it is getting late
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:21:12 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"code_wrong" <tac@tac.ouch.co.uk> wrote in message
news:o Wek0vxiFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> XP home $59.99 - that is cheap .. Unfortunately they have to add $30
>> delivery to the UK .. If I estimate £1 = $1.75 Then $89.99 = £51.42 ..
>> That is still cheap considering the best I have found in the UK so far is
>> £88.07 + £5 delivery ( www.tekgia.com )
>
> scratch that .. so much for my internet search skills .. I subsequently
> found
> XP home oem for £63.39 + £5 delivery at www.microdirect.co.uk ..getting
> better

www.ebuyer.com
£50.68 + carriage + VAT = £65.18 total

--
WH
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 5:07:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

In article <#sQpRhwiFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, tac@tac.ouch.co.uk
says...
> Hi,
> Excluding Ebay .. ( I don't need the hassle of worrying about legalities)
> where can I buy xp cheap cheap cheap
> cheers

One of the cheapest ways, if you want more than one copy, and you also
want copies of Office and several other nice things, is to join the MS
Partner program (it's free) and then subscribe to the Action Pack - you
get full licenses/media for 10 installs of XP Prof and MS Office 2003
Prof and also about 30 other CD's with servers and development tools.
Action pack is under the price of a retail copy of XP Prof.

--
--
spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 5:07:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

But remember the license to use Action Pack expires when the subscription is
finished.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d45739dbb919ad09899fb@news-
> One of the cheapest ways, if you want more than one copy, and you also
> want copies of Office and several other nice things, is to join the MS
> Partner program (it's free) and then subscribe to the Action Pack - you
> get full licenses/media for 10 installs of XP Prof and MS Office 2003
> Prof and also about 30 other CD's with servers and development tools.
> Action pack is under the price of a retail copy of XP Prof.
>
> --
> --
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 10:43:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

In article <OwzA$27iFHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>,
jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com says...
> But remember the license to use Action Pack expires when the subscription is
> finished.

Yes, but you can renew it every year cheaper than you can purchase any
single retail product they sell.

--
--
spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
!