Boot And Clean install problems

Hello,
I recently bought a new Seagate 500gb bare drive, but when I tried to install Windows 7 with a disk, I received an error message stating that all the necessary files were not on the disc. Now, upon restart, I get a BOOTMGR is missing, and don't know what to do, because I don't have any USB drivers to work my keyboard.
10 answers Last reply
More about boot clean install problems
  1. Aesiri said:
    Hello,
    I recently bought a new Seagate 500gb bare drive, but when I tried to install Windows 7 with a disk, I received an error message stating that all the necessary files were not on the disc. Now, upon restart, I get a BOOTMGR is missing, and don't know what to do, because I don't have any USB drivers to work my keyboard.

I'd really appreciate any help you guys could give.
    Thanks a ton.
  2. this is a legal copy of win 7 os
  3. Yes. Do you need and specs?
  4. this disc was made from the original or it is the one from microsoft
  5. Made from the original.
  6. Could some of the files on the copy be fragmented, causing the installation problem? But would that also cause the BootMgr error?
  7. Sounds like you need another disk. Do you have another machine capable of burning one? If so download ISO from here
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/604187-legal-download-digitalriver-windows-7-sp1-13-languages.html
    and burn to a DVD
  8. I don't at the moment, but I can very soon. Thanks a bunch. This will solve the BootMgr Error, right?
  9. I would hope so, but do a 'clean install', when you get to the screen 'Where do you want to install Windows' choose 'Drive Options (Advanced)' and format your drive before installing.
  10. Awesome, thanks you very much. I'll reply to this thread if I have any more trouble.
Ask a new question

Read More

Clean Install Windows 7