Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance problem

I just bought this, and it won't work. When I launch it, I get the title
screen, and then it disappears, and nothing happens. The game simply doesn't
start. And of course MS doesn't list MW4Veng. in their tech support offering
- only the expansion and the mech paks. >:p
I'm running Windows 2K with DirectX 9c (I think) on an athlon 2700xp with a
geforce 5900 fx. Anyone have ideas what's going wrong?

:-Dave
2 answers Last reply
More about mechwarrior vengeance problem

    Wow, thanks for such a lengthy response, but I'm afraid it wasn't necessary.
    I tried reinstalling last night after I posted, and that fixed it - i guess
    the initial install just got corrupted somehow. Sorry for not having posted
    earlier (it was late and I was too tired to remember) and making you spend so
    much time writing all that (unless you just cut and pasted, in which case no
    harm done :)

    Hi Artfoundry,

    Glad that your game is working! No harm done. :-)

    Cheers,
    Jimmy.

    "artfoundry" <artfoundry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3127B9E4-F0B6-47C9-A6C6-3242D6F00276@microsoft.com...
    | Wow, thanks for such a lengthy response, but I'm afraid it wasn't necessary.
    | I tried reinstalling last night after I posted, and that fixed it - i guess
    | the initial install just got corrupted somehow. Sorry for not having posted
    | earlier (it was late and I was too tired to remember) and making you spend so
    | much time writing all that (unless you just cut and pasted, in which case no
    | harm done :)

Video Games